An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the Adult mental health community services at a time of innovation and service development. This role will be involved and will lead on the developing Rehab and recovery pathway, bridging between the Rehab team and as part of the wider core community teams, in evolving mental health services in line with the new Community Transformation Process. This process is in response to the NHS 5-year plan to develop mental health services round the Primary Care Networks and provides new opportunities which include developing partnership working with the voluntary sector, working more closely with GP practices and developing more innovative, community based and holistic ways of working.
The post holder will have over-sight of the development of the new and evolving interim Rehab and Community Pathway which is currently being created to support a new Rehab model, to ensure a holistic supportive package of care and intervention, is provided for service users. Furthermore, the Senior Rehab and recovery Wellbeing Practitioner and Pathway Lead will oversee delivery of the interventions carried out by the Rehab and recovery Wellbeing Practitioners and provide managerial and clinical supervision to them.Main duties of the job
- To be part of a daily Mental Health MDT referral meeting where all new referrals will be screened and allocated to the relevant Mental health practitioner/named worker.
- To have full over-sight and take part in developing the referral processes and will action and allocate these referrals accordingly based on clinical need
- Working effectively as a senior member of a multi-disciplinary community mental health and wellness team
- Improving the access to mental health support in working closely with General Practitioners and Primary Care staff and the Core Community and Rehab Teams.
- To work collaboratively with refers and all care colleagues to assess patient need and provide advice, support, and where relevant intervention.
- To provide leadership and clinical supervision to the Rehab and recovery Wellbeing Practitioners and other relevant junior staff.
- To over-see, co develop and deliver to the new rehab and recovery Wellbeing Pathway in order to support and bridge the gaps between Primary Care Networks and Core Community Mental Health Teams and a newly embedding Rehab model and team.
- To oversee the DIALOG + assessment within the Pathway to ensure the implementation and evaluation of individual programs of care as part of the multi-disciplinary team.
- To manage resources, systems and processes which deliver the expected outcomes of the Wellbeing Pathway ensuring full compliance with all employment legislation and associated codes of practice.
Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust and neighbouring Camden and Islington NHS Foundation are working together in a formal Partnership, with a single Chair, Chief Executive and Partnership Executive Team. Our new Partnership Strategy was launched in May 2023. To give our Partnership a clear identify, we are now called the North London Mental Health Partnership.
By working together closely as the North London Mental Health Partnership, our two Trusts can achieve more for our service users, their carers, our staff and our local communities than we can by working separately. We will continue to engage our service users, carers, staff, partners and local people in co-producing the culture of the Partnership as it develops further, taking the best of both organisations.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please kindly refer to the attached job description for the main duties and responsibilities of this role.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Relevant Degree or master's qualification in Mental Health.
- A registered qualification in Mental Health such as Mental Health Nursing or Psychosocial, AHP or Social Care.
- Relevant qualification in Psychosocial Interventions with people with severe and enduring mental health problems
- Experience in therapeutic engagement to patients in groups.
- Wide knowledge/ appreciation of a range of models of practice in social and health care.
- Knowledge of interventions and strategies which embrace social and health care needs.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of providing clinical and managerial supervision
- Relevant experience in Rehabilitation models of care.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise work and complete within deadlines.
- Ability to practice in a variety of clinical and community settings and effectively work using group delivery methods.
- Team building.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to deliver appropriate clinical and managerial supervision
- Flexible approach to work.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Personable and amiable
- Clear and fluent communication within a multidisciplinary team
- Able to lead a team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel to meet the requirements of the post
Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
Barnet Hospital, Wellhouse Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.