Join our Team of Dedicated Midwives at King's Mill Hospital
Are you a talented and compassionate Band 6 Registered Midwife looking for an exciting career opportunity? Look no further! King's Mill Hospital is currently seeking enthusiastic midwives to join our exceptional team on a permanent basis, either on a full-time or part-time basis.
At King's Mill Hospital, we pride ourselves on the provision of the highest quality patient care. We believe in the power of personal actions and evidence-based woman-centered care, and we are committed to delivering it through a variety of models. As a midwife with us, you will play a vital role in supporting women through their pregnancy journey, birth experiences, and postnatal care.Main duties of the job
To understand the role in more detail, please read attached job description and person specification document.About us
Thank you for your interest in this role.
Sherwood is nationally recognised as being an excellent place to work and deliver care. We are rightly proud of the 5,500 colleagues who work here, and we are the Health Service Journal's Trust of the Year in 2020.
The Care Quality Commission rated King's Mill Hospital Outstanding and Newark, and Mansfield Community Hospitals Good. Overall, we are rated Outstanding for care.
For the last three years, we have been ranked as the best NHS Trust to work for in the Midlands and in 2020 we were the third best Acute/Community NHS Trust in England.
Happy colleagues deliver better care. Our teams work in a supportive, inclusive environment, which nurtures wellbeing and has opportunities for development and progression. We do not just care for our patients we also care for you.
Our culture of learning, compassion and taking a person-centred approach are at the roots of our organisation. We would love you to join us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more detail, please read attached job description and person specification document.Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Evidence of professional development.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of clinical governance and risk assessment
- Experience of working in all clinical settings
- Understanding of cultural diversity
- Good understanding and experience with safeguarding policies and working with vulnerable families
- Registered Midwife
- Diploma / Degree level or equivalent
- Further professional development
- Mentor / Teaching Qualification / equivalent
Skills & ExperienceEssential
- NIPE trained
- Leadership course / equivalent
- NLS/ALS course
- PROMPT Training
- Significant post registration experience
- Lone working.
- Time Management.
- Champion role within midwifery practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- NMC registration
- Adherence to Trust policy and guidelines.
- Ability to travel between sites
- To work flexibly to the requirements of the post
Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
King's Mill Hospital
Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.