We are looking to recruit a Sister or Charge Nurse to join our team in the Emergency Medical Admissions at St Mary's Hospital. The post holder must have an experience working in an Acute or Emergency Department setting. The role will involve delivering patients' care, leading the day to day shift and managing the ward.
Emergency Medical Admissions is a 17 bedded ward that works very closely with the Emergency Department in delivering the A& E 4 hour target and the Acute Medical Team. The unit is a fast past environment and it has a fast turnover of patients who are admitted with a range of medical conditions. There are also four enhanced beds for patients who required close monitoring and observation but are not necessarily requiring Level 3 or Level 2 care.
The unit is well supported with the Ward Manager, the Lead Nurse, the multidisciplinary team and Acute Medical Team. The environment provides an exciting opportunity to develop your emergency and acute nursing assessment and care skills. We work with other Allied health professionals within the unit to ensure the best outcome for our patients.We care for our patients in an environment that provides comfort, safety and support for their stay.Main duties of the job
- As delegated provide specialist nursing advice to support and facilitate high quality, individualised care to patients/clients and relatives/carers without supervision in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team
- The post holder will provide specialist nursing care and support and deputise for their line manager in the management of their clinical speciality. This will involve dealing with complex situations and having to take appropriate action in a variety of settings
- To be flexible in the approach to the clinical area and to provide cover for any area specified acting as professional role model providing direct and indirect clinical care, teaching and research
- Be flexible in the approach to the clinical area and provide cover for any area specified
- Contribute to effective management of all resources needed to deliver comprehensive and compassionate nursing care.
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community.
Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We welcome discussions about flexible working and encourage a range of flexible working opportunities wherever we can.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEDUCATION/ TRAININGEssential
- Registered General Nurse
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Minimum 2 years post registration experience
- Mentorship Course/ Teaching qualification
- Experience on a clinical decision unit/ emergency department
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Cannulation & Venepuncture Skills
- Competent in IV drug administration
- Good communication skills
- Effective time management
- Ability to practice within the scope of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Analytical skills
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.