We are looking for a full time Consultant Psychiatrist to join two other consultant psychiatrists in Weymouth and Portland CMHT, our large and newly created multidisciplinary team, formed through the merger of our North and South teams.
The area served by the CMHT is mostly urban and has high acuity of mental health and associated challenges. We strive to provide better integrated care to service users and more professional peer support to staff. We would love to hear from you to discuss how together we might design this role around you and your specialist interests.
Work-life balance is important to all of us, when we support staff to achieve this there are benefits for you, our patients and the Trust. We are committed to enabling flexible working and would welcome discussions around this. This may include but is not limited to compressed hours over four days, job sharing, part time working and home working. Alongside this, we offer fantastic career development and enhancements:
- This post attracts a Recruitment and Retention payment of �10,000to be paid in monthly instalments for the first year of employment.
- We can provide a generous relocation package of up to �10,000 if you are interested in moving to our beautiful county
Please visit our Microsite for more information regarding our Trust.
https://www.bmj.com/careers/employer-hub/dorset-healthcare-university-nhs-foundation-trust.phpMain duties of the job
As part of its integrated service for service users on CPA and Standard Care, the team offers variety of services including a Physical Health Checks Service, Depot Clinic (including Olanzapine monitoring), Nurse led ADHD Clinic, Community Resource Team (social inclusion, employment, education), designated Duty service, Psychological therapies (including a DBT pathway and individual therapy), Education and Quality Assurance meetings What the team have to say:
This post may initially seem challenging because of the acuity of mental health problems in the area. However, we are not a team just because we work together, we are ateam because we respect, trust and care for each other just as much as the service users. We are proud that we promote and respect professional autonomy, innovation and encourage 'thinking outside the box' strategies, to improve the health outcomes to people we aim to support. The team actively encourage professional development, and regularly meet to have specific education and service quality meetings and certainly encourage our medical colleaguesto educate, train, mentor staff to enhance and develop their existing skills. We are proud of our record of proving physical health checks for individuals within our service users.''
So if you are a motivated, enthusiastic, caring, compassionate psychiatrist who values the importance of supportive teamwork , this is the job for you. Mr MF, Service Manager About us
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do, and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities, and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- General medical Qualification e.g. MBBS, or equivalent and hold a Licence to Practise.
- MRCPsych or recognised equivalent, e.g. membership of a psychiatry college in another country.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualification
- Must be in possession or within 6 months of possession of a CCT in Psychiatry or on Specialist Register in Psychiatry.
- On Specialist Register in enter specialism Psychiatry.
- Section 12(2) approval and Approved Clinician approval or ability to obtain approval before starting post
Clinical Skills, Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Experience of medicine outside psychiatry e.g. general practice, medicine.
- knowledge in specialty
- Evidence of effective multidisciplinary team involvement.
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Teaching Experience
- Teaching Experience
- Understand the importance of working with managers in the interest of good patient care
- Able to manage priorities
- Evidence of management/Leadership skills training
- Previous management experience including that of other junior medical staff
- Understand principles of leadership and give examples of leadership in own practice.
- Able to provide clinical leadership to a multi-disciplinary team
Supervision of Junior medical StaffEssential
- An understanding of the importance of Clinical Governance in the NHS organisations and importance in patient care.
- Awareness of current issues in mental health service provision, policy and legislation
Research and AuditEssential
- Knowledge of requirements for supervision and appraisal of junior medical staff.
- Approved educational supervisor training
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of carrying out an audit project
- Experience or involvement in a research project and publication
- Ability to supervisor junior medical staff undertaking research projects
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Weymouth and Portland CMHT
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.