Lincolnshire Partnership Foundation NHS Trust includes Talking Therapies for anxiety and depression service, Lincolnshire Talking Therapies (LTT). An opportunity has arisen for an Employment Advisor Band 5 to join the LTT service based in Stamford. The service provides evidence-based interventions within a stepped care model, treating people with mild to moderate common mental health problems. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a major national service, which has fundamentally changed the way in which psychological treatments are provided, supporting people engaging in the service to find employment, remain in work or return to work.
In return we can offer you:
A well-established, friendly, and supportive team.
Personal and Professional Development opportunities.
Regular management supervision.
Early access to our staff wellbeing service and psychology therapies
Excellent working environment.
For further information regarding this post please contact Barbara Keogh, Team Manager Stamford and Spalding NHS Talking Therapies for Depression and Anxiety Barbara.Keogh1@nhs.net
CLOSING DATE: 26/11/2023
INTERVIEWS DATEs: provisionally 14th December 2023Main duties of the job
The Employment Advisor (EA) is responsible for ensuring the focused and effective delivery of interventions to support people receiving care from the LTT service to retain or return to work or find work.
The EA will work in collaboration with the client to assess their job goals and any concerns they have regarding their capacity for work.
The EA will match job task to the individual's ability to do the job and consider any work solutions that may be required to support this. They will develop links and an understanding of the local labour market, supporting new initiatives to support those seeking employment or wishing to retain employment.
The EA will work closely with local agencies and develop links with JobCentrePlus, trade unions and occupational health departments as required.
The EA will keep informed of relevant employment legislation and changes to the benefits system and will be expected to run groups to support those wishing to return to work and find work.
The EA will liaise with the Senior EA to report any progress, change or adverse event and will ensure they attend relevant training.About us
Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust provides mental health services and a number of learning disability, autism and social care services in the county of Lincolnshire. Employing around 2,800 staff, and serving a population of over 766,000, our people lie at the heart of everything we do.
You could be part of a Trust rated by staff as one of the best mental health and learning disability trusts in England, in an area heralded as a fantastic place to live and work. We firmly believe the key to high quality care is a contented workforce. This is reflected in our Care Quality Commission rating of 'outstanding' for well-led and 'good' overall. In the most recent National NHS Staff Survey, our staff rated us as the number one trust nationally for staff morale and one of the top scoring NHS Trusts in the Midlands for being compassionate and inclusive. We're really proud of this!
We are also leading the way in transforming care, with multi-million-pound transformation of patient environments and radical redesign of community services.
This is the time to join and help redesign our services of the future. We offer options for flexible working and provide a wide range of training and promotion opportunities in all professions. We support and celebrate diversity, have active staff networks groups and are always looking at what more we can do to support our staff.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Employment Adviser is responsible for ensuring the focused and effective delivery of interventions by following clinical supervision advice and ensuring that they observe best practice.
The Employment Advisor will demonstrate a professional approach to their duties
The Employment Advisor will approach a wide range of problems and agree the appropriate course of action, considering appropriate options in collaboration with the client. They are also expected to use their experience and to exercise sound judgement.
The Employment Advisor will attend relevant training and identity their own training needs to discuss with the Senior Employment Advisor.
Contribute and feed back to the Employment Advisor Team
For full details, please refer to the job description and person specificationPerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience of providing excellent customer service
- Experience of providing vocational/employment support such vocational assessment and work, work coaching, careers, job retention, 'presenteeism', employee relations, employment and disability-related benefits
- Experience of assessing, planning and facilitating activities that focus on recovery and vocational skills
- Experience of face to face customer service in employment-related issues
- Experience of supporting people with mental health conditions into vocational/employment activities
- Experience of working in a service where agreed targets are in place demonstrating specific outcomes
- Educated to degree level
- Or equivalent experience in the field of supported employment
- Or NVQ Level 3/equivalent relevant training to diploma level and/or experience relevant to the duties of the post)
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- Occupational Therapy, Social Work , Psychology or Employment qualifications
- IPS training
- Motivational interviewing training
- A mental health core professional qualification or Talking Therapies for anxiety and depression recognised therapy qualification
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective written and oral communication skils
- Ability to prioritise and plan own caseload
- Ability to use basic counselling skills
- Ability to assess individual strengths in relation to employment
- Ability to adapt activities to be appropriate for the needs of an individual client
- Ability to meet agreed/specified service targets
- Ability to collect and report data to support service performance and evaluation
- Knowledge of different types of mild to moderate mental health/mental illness
- Ability to integrate training into practice
- Awareness of the needs of people with mental health conditions, the issues surrounding work, and the impact it can have on mental health
- Ability to liaise with employers on behalf of service users
- Ability to be flexible, open and creative in problem solving
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of appropriate community resources
- Knowledge of employment law and the Equality Act 2010
- Knowledge of Safe-guarding Adults and Children
- Knowledge of working with diversity and knowledge of working with hard to reach communities
- Knowledge of NHS policies, procedures and guidelines
Employer detailsEmployer name
- A caring, responsible and positive approach
- Reliable, trustworthy and enthusiastic, motivated and innovative attitude and approach
- Regard for others and respect for individual rights of autonomy and confidentiality
- Ability to manage own caseload and time
- Willing and able to undertake the relevant training associated with the role and integrate training into practice.
- Willing and able to travel independently without the use of public transport to other locations within the LTT geographical area
Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Stamford Resource Centre
St Georges Avenue,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.