An exciting opportunity for a Band 7 Occupational Therapist to work within our established critical care therapy team. The team consists of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Band 4 Therapy Support Workers. The team covers ITU, HDU and follow ups within the hospital. The team cover weekends to ensure timely rehabilitation of our critically ill patients.Main duties of the job
This post is for the clinical lead band 7 Occupational Therapist. The post is jointly responsible with the Clinical Lead Physiotherapist for the clinical leadership of the team.
The postholder will be involved in the rehabilitation, treatment and discharge planning of complex Critical Care patients.
The post holder will have some cross site responsibilities at The Princess Royal Hospital, Telford to provide support and leadership to the Critical Care team there.About us
The Therapy Centre at SaTH consists of approximately 350 employees and sits as part of the Trusts Support Services division. The Therapy Centre provides acute hospital therapy services and a range of community services across the four professions of physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy and dietetics to the population of Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin, and Powys.
The successful candidate's working time will be split into working 80% clinical and 20% non-clinical. The candidate will be able to evidence their ability to work within the four pillars of professional practice - education, research, leadership and clinical practice. They will also understand the Trust Values and will ensure that the therapy service is provided in line with these.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- Degree Occupational Therapy
- Registered with Health Care Professions Council
- Evidence of highly specialist clinical training in relevant areas to enable clinical leadership
- MSc or evidence of study at MSc level.
- Evidence extensive experience in relevant area of clinical practice
- Evidence of teaching/presentation
- Evidence of audit or research
- Evidence of continuing professional development relevant to post
- Significant understanding of NHS strategy and plans
- Relevant evidence based practice
- Highly specialist level knowledge and advanced clinical research skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proven team leadership abilities
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS TrustAddress
The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Mytton Oak Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.