The Midlands Partnership Foundation NHS Trust provides Speech and Language Therapy Services across the whole of Staffordshire, working with commissioners in both education and health services.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join our team.
The North West Speech and Language Therapy service supports children and young people with a range of communication needs through assessment and intervention in homes, schools and clinics. The Children's Speech and Language Therapy Service is able to offer:
- regular away days and team meetings
- professional development via our appraisal system
- routine clinical/managerial supervision, supporting and enabling
We offer excellent training and development opportunities and have a record of being innovative , friendly and supportive.
If you are interested and would like further information please contact Paula Simpson, Team Leader for Children's Speech and Language Therapy or Janet Cooper, Clinical Lead on 01782 234485.Main duties of the job
The post is a permanent post to cover , community clinics with a focus on pre school children in the Community Paediatric Speech and Language Therapy Team in North West Staffordshire area. The post involves managing an individual caseload in Newcastle under Lyme and surrounding areas. There will be travel required to meet the post requirements within the North West Staffordshire area. This post would be suitable for experienced band 5 or band 6 Therapists who are looking for the opportunity to further develop leadership skills. The post is band 6 for 4 days per week (30 hours).About us
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, mileage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post includes screening, assessment and management of speech, language and communication difficulties of children with advice to settings/schools. There is a requirement for flexible working and a willingness to take on different responsibilities according to the needs of the service, including the provision of training. The post is part of the Community Paediatric Team and requires an active contribution to team working and management of the caseload across the service as a whole. Flexibility to go where the needs are be proactive and solution focussed and ability to manage/cope with conflicting demandsPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in Speech and Language Therapy or equivalent.
- Registration with HCPC
- Assessment and management of communication problems in children
- Provision of advice and support to settings for children regarding ways to promote speech and language development
- Supporting patients, families and carers in dealing with the impact of communication difficulties
- Understanding of current Educational Policies including the Code of Practice, Statutory Assessment of Special Educational Needs and of Inclusion
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexibility to go where the needs are be proactive and solution focussed and ability to manage/cope with conflicting demands.
- Ability to manage time and caseload effectively
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Newcastle Under Lyme/Stoke on Trent
Newcastle Under Lyme/Stoke on Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.