An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Families' Health and Wellbeing 0-19 Service delivering public health services to children and families across Staffordshire. We have a full time 37.5 hour a week vacancy for a Band 6 Public Health Practitioner (HV) based in the Burton 0-19 Universal team.
The Families' Health and Wellbeing Service (0-19) in Staffordshire offers an integrated, flexible and family focused service providing high quality, compassionate, personalised support and care to Children and Young People across Staffordshire. You will be part of a team delivering the 0-19 Healthy Child Programme for a varied, unique and diverse population, in a supportive skill mix team, working closely with our partner agencies across health, social care and the local authority. The successful applicant will need to work to the service specification and demonstrate the trust values at all times. You will be expected to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of all aspects of safeguarding children.
As an integrated model across the 0-19 age range we have linked closely with Keele University to offer a funded Transfer of Fields course and you may be expected to undertake this.
We are committed to supporting professional and personal development of our staff and have excellent training opportunities.
The successful applicant must have the ability to travel independently within the Trust.Main duties of the job
- Be competent as appropriate to the requirements of the
- Work within their scope of practice
- Demonstrate at all times the Values of Midlands Partnership Foundation
- Be a Specialist Community Public Health Practitioner and have detailed professional and clinical They will be a specialist practitioner and have a focus in public health across the 0-19 agenda.
- Be responsible for a defined population of service users in a variety of settings across the Partnership Trust including the community and
- Be skilled in the assessment of children and young people's care/support needs and in the development, implementation and evaluation of care/support
- Have supervisory, training and leadership responsibilities where appropriate and will have some responsibility for team performance and service developments/improvements.
- Demonstrate initiative and be creative in finding solutions to
- Work with the team leader undertaking delegated tasks in team
- To deliver commissioned aspects of the Healthy Child Programme, ensuring key objectives and outcomes are
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
Supporting your career development and progression.
Excellent NHS Pension scheme
Generous maternity, paternity, adoption leave
Options for flexible working
Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients.
Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, mileage paid at business rates
Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
Free car parking at all trust sites
Free flu vaccination every year
Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesQualifications and training
Qualified SCPHN- Health Visitor Experience
Suitable for experienced or a newly qualified Health Visitor.
For further information on the Job Description, main responsibilities and Person Specification to ensure you have the relevant skills for the post, please see the attached documents below.Person SpecificationNMCEssential Desirable
SCPHNEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience with Safeguarding Children
- Experience with Multi agency Working
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Tutbury Health Centre
Tutbury, Burton upon Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.