Dorset HealthCare are looking for a RMN Staff Nurse to join their motivated team based at Pebble Lodge in the beautiful town of Bournemouth. We would welcome applications from both newly qualified and experienced Nurses.
Pebble Lodge is a 10 bed adolescent mental health in-patient unit who offer innovative and high quality care to young people age 12-18 who are suffering from acute mental illness. Pebble Lodge was the first CAMHS Unit to implement a number of new initiatives including Parents Evenings, CLIP (Collaborative Learning in Practice) and a new Peer Specialist Service, this is something we have National recognition within the QNIC forum.
We are looking to appoint a caring and compassionate RMN Staff Nurse. In return we offer a fantastic induction programme, preceptorship and mentoring support, access to training in specialist CAMHS interventions and risk assessment.We are a 24-hour service and have a variety of shifts including part time and full time hours to support your needs:
For further information and informal discussion please contact Rebecca Matoug, Ward Manager on 01202 545404 or at email@example.com
- Long Days - 07:00-20:00
- Early - 07:00 - 15:00
- Late - 12:00 - 20:00
- Nights - 19:30 - 07:30
If you are interested in moving to Dorset we also offer a generous relocation package of up to �10,000. For further details on relocation expenses please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Main duties of the job
As a RMN nurse at Pebble Lodge you will be working within a supportive team to provide individual care to those within the unit in accordance with the integrated care programme approach. There will be activities where you will be required to assist in the organisation and be responsible for the safety and well-being of young people. As a RMN nurse you will be required to establish and develop effective liaison and communication with all disciplines, agencies, parents, carers and service users.
You will be required to undertake aPrevention and Management of Violence and Aggression course
and it is a condition of your employment that you successfully complete all aspects of this course if this is not achieved you will not be able to commence working in the post.
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, which the Trust will cover the cost of. Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service are able to present a valid DBS certificate instead of requiring a new check.About us
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.
As part of our vision to have a skilled, diverse and caring workforce, Dorset HealthCare is working in partnership with The Princes Trust to support people getting into work, as part of this partnership, we are offering an employability service to support individuals between 16-30 years old with application writing, interview skills and other employment support. If you would like or know of anyone who would value this support please do contact email@example.comPerson SpecificationEducation / QualificationsEssential
- Current NMC registration
- ENB 998 or equivilant teaching / mentoring qualification
- NVQ Assessor
- Further evidence of professional development and training
- Experience of working with seriously mentally ill clients during acute phases of ilness
- Understanding of ICPA and risk assessment
- Understanding of medication management issues and psychotropic medication
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act 1983
- Working knowledge of NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Basic IT keyboard skills, normally obtained through practice or practical training
- Previous experience of working with children and young people in mental health services
- Experience of using CBT/DBT/Motivational Interviewing
- Community Experience
- Demonstrable skills in written and spoken English to a standard which enables the post holder to carry out the full range of duties and responsibilities of the role effectively.
- A level of fitness and ability to participate and complete PMVA, Breakaway training and Manual Handling (practice and theory).
- Ability to travel using your own vehicle on Trust business
- Knowledge of child protection issues and reporting processes
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- IT skills, basic keyboard skills obtained through practice or practical training
- Ability to apply physical intervention
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Community Experience
- Understanding of current policy and guidance relating to children and young people
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.