This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated dietitian, who has a strong interest in paediatrics, to work within the paediatric dietetic team at Northwick Park Hospital. You will have a varied and interesting caseload, including working on the acute ward, paediatric IBD and paediatric outpatient clinics.
We are looking for a dietitian with strong communication, organisation and team working skills. They should be focused on providing a high quality dietetic service which is responsive to the changing needs of the NHS and this patient group. Main duties of the job
- Acute cover for the paediatric inpatient ward and daycare unit
- Management of the paediatric inflammatory bowel disease caseload and close working the gastroenterology MDT
- General outpatient clinicsAbout us
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationEducation/qualificationsEssential
- 4 year degree in Dietetics or equivalent
- Current HCPC registration
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Member of BDA Paediatric Specialist Group
- Significant and varied clinical experience following graduation
- Previous experience/interest in working within the specialist area of paediatrics
- Experience of training student dietitians
- Evidence of commitment to CPD
- Previous experience of working as part of an MDT
- Experience of working within a varied, multi-cultural population
- Experience of conducting audits and /or research
OtherEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Organisational skills
- Presentation skills
- Good time management and able to prioritise own work load
- Ability to liaise with professionals at all levels
- Able to work well under pressure
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Northwick Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.