Are you a highly motivated, dynamic leader looking for an exciting new challenge? Here at the Integrated Discharge Service we are looking for another team member to join us in our friendly supportive team and look forward to welcoming you onboard as a Band 7 Operational Clinical Manager within IDS
Here at Discharge Team we believe that no-one should stay in hospital longer than their acute needs last and every patient is supported to leave hospital as soon as the first opportunity arises. Our team work on the principle of home is always the first option and we pride ourselves of working towards this ethos however not all patients are suitable for home discharge and this is where we at the Integrated Discharge Team come into our own.
If you are an enthusiastic, experienced registered professional with specialist knowledge and experience and are looking to further develop skills in discharge assessment & planning then we have the role for you in our Integrated Discharge Service.Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for ensuring that all patients needs are assessed & discharged in a safe, effective & timely manner, using 'Home First' principles.
They will be the direct lead for our Specialist Nurses at RPH and work closely with our Clinical Manager over at CDH. This role is key in maintaining optimum patient flow throughout the system. This will involve collaboration with the wards, clinical teams and adopting an MDT approach. The successful candidate will be directly involved in daily reviews of patients through daily contact with the Discharge Facilitators (DF's) and Long stay calls and support a fully integrated MDT approach with ward teams and have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of national policy and standards across health and social care.
This is an exciting and challenging role for an experienced individual who is dynamic, possessing strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to deal with difficult and sensitive situations within a busy & challenging clinical setting. You will support further developing the service and discharge pathways for our patients.
As part of the role, the successful candidate will be required to work on either Trust site. You will be expected to work during the service operational hours of Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm and 8am to 4pm at the weekends/bank holidays.
We couldn't possibly tell every thing about our wonderful team here so we actively encourage you to ring.About us
We have 9000 fantastic people working hard to deliver quality services to our patients. Whatever your role, you help look after 370,000 people in our local area & give specialist care to 1.5 million people across Lancashire & Cumbria.
Working with us gives you the knowledge and sense of pride that every activity you do genuinely does make a difference to support our patients & staff, ensuring we keep thriving & delivering outstanding healthcare right across our local towns.
You'll have access to varied development opportunities, learn new skills, meet fab people & do things you'd never have done. You'll learn about working in a hospital, interacting with people from all different roles to build skills & enhance your career path.
You'll make an impact, be challenged to think differently, be bold & help innovate to keep improving things. Everything we do centres around patient care and enhancing their experience which means your role is pivotal and something really to be proud of.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationQualifications and EducationEssential
- Responsible for ensuring that all patients with complex needs are assessed & discharged in a safe, effective & timely manner, using Home First principles
- Responsible for robust monitoring & reporting mechanisms to evidence national & local standards are met and support effectiveness of the service
- To ensure robust discharge planning and pathways are in place in the Trust and are systematically followed.
- To actively and effectively support the existing IDS Management team providing visible clinical and operational leadership of the team
- To be an effective clinical leader & role model of the Integrated Discharge Service
- Please see the attached job description and person specification for further information.
- Education to degree level or significant relevant experience
- Appropriate professional registration in line with role (e.g. NMC/Social Care/AHP)
- Appropriate professional management qualification or equivalent experience
- Participation in continuing professional development to improve and update specialist knowledge
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Leadership & Management Qualification
- Mentorship qualification
- Continuous Improvement or project management qualification
- Detailed knowledge & understanding of the Health & Social Care Act 2014
- Detailed knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards within an acute hospital setting
- Detailed knowledge of national policies relating to discharge
- Experience of reporting against national targets
- Significant experience working in discharge or similar role
- Knowledge of key performance targets relating to discharge
- Knowledge of clinical governance and safeguarding and the relevance of these to practice
- Experience of working in MDT's
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of management of a clinical area in an NHS acute setting
- Experience of working across organisational boundaries
- Experience of budgetary management
- Patient Flow Experience
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Preston Hospital
Sharoe Green Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.