Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is a General Medical Council (GMC) Sponsor Employer. This opportunity is open to UK based and International Consultants
The post is within well established and long-standing services that are organised in line with New Ways of Working. This post holder will provide consultant input to the Community Mental Health Team for Spelthorne Older Adults alongside a full time Specialty Doctor.
This appointment is for a full-time substantive Consultant Psychiatrist who will be responsible for providing input to the Spelthorne CMHTOP of Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust alongside a full-time substantive specialty doctor and other members of the multi-disciplinary team including a Psychiatric Core Trainee on 6 monthly rotations. The new Consultant will be employed by Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and will work with the Spelthorne CMHTOP.
The post holder will be responsible for delivering consultant psychiatric input to patients referred to and accepted for treatment by the CMHTOP in line with the agreed criteria and commissioned care pathways. The work will therefore involve the assessment and psychiatric treatment of patients either directly or through the supervision of other team members.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be expected to assess referrals including urgent ones, both working independently and with other team members. They will personally deliver outpatient clinics each week and will supervise the clinical caseload of the specialty doctor and the trainee doctor. The post holder is expected to develop, alongside other colleagues in the team, effective liaison with partner organisations and other local agencies. Our Offer:
- NHS Consultant grade �88,364 -�119,133 per annum + �149 fringe + on- call requirement
- GMC Sponsorship
- �15,000 recruitment premia over 3 years
- Relocation allowance: up to �8000 subject to policy requirement
- Sponsorship for International candidates up to �3,199
- Up to �2000/year CPD allowance subject to policy requirements
- NHS pension employers contribution 20.68% from day one
- Subsidised nursery places
- Car scheme tax savings up to �6000
- Discounted Nuffield Gym Membership and many more. Please check our benefits brochure
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job description that clearly states all the requirements needed to carry out this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Consultant with licence to practice in good standing with the GMC
- Approved Clinician Status and approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act
- Inclusion on the Specialist Register
- Relevant higher degree e.g. MD, PhD, MSc or other additional clinical qualifications
- Experience of working in a leadership role in the NHS
- Experience of leading clinical services
- Experience of managing and leading change
- Experience of developing and implementing strategies
- Experience of Risk Management
- Experience of working with a variety of patient groups presenting with the full range of clinical severity across a range of care settings including community, inpatient, and specialist teams
- Experience of Financial and budgetary management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Published audit or research projects
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.