Across the Southeast we are committed to delivering a high-quality diagnostic service to our patients, ensuring that patients have access to the right diagnostics, in the right place and at the right time. However as is the case across the United Kingdom there is a shortfall in our imaging workforce and subsequently our training programmes are not reaching their potential and delivering the best possible outcomes.
The purpose of this practice educator role is to:
- Provide greater access to training and development within the clinical setting within the hospital
- Link clinical education and practice and assist staff in bridging the gaps
- Develop evidence-based practice across the sector working with modality leads to mentor and support staff to develop their practice
- To share best practice and utilise resources efficiently to the benefit of the imaging workforc
Applications are welcome from all sections of the community to ensure our workforce is representative of the population.
Please note: If you do not meet the requirements for the role or have specific registration where required then your application will be automatically rejected.Main duties of the job
For further information, please see the attached trust job description and person specification for a full list of duties and responsibilities.About us
We provide emergency and non-emergency services to the residents of East Surrey, North-East West Sussex, and South Croydon, including the major towns of Crawley, Horsham, Reigate and Redhill a community of over 535,000 people. We provide acute and complex services and a range of outpatient, diagnostic services whilst Crawley Hospital and Horsham in West Sussex and Caterham Dene Hospital and Oxted Health Centre in Surrey provide less complex planned services. In 2019 the Care Quality Commission (CQC) rated our services as 'Outstanding' and we are one of the best performing Trusts in England:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Winners of Health Service Journal Acute Trust of the year award 2021.
- National Patient Safety Awards winner and strive to be a beacon for safety in all that we do.
- We are rated the sixth highest trust in the South East and in the top 25% nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work or receive treatment.
Once you understand the requirements outlined in the advert, please ensure your application clearly reflects where you match them including any examples you would like to highlightPerson SpecificationCriteriaEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of a good standard of written English appropriate to the role
- A complete and accurate application
- Suitability for role evidenced in supporting statement
- Evidence of essential experience for role
- Meet the essential education/qualifications required for the role
- Hold the necessary mandatory professional/clinical registration
- Evidence of the Trust values and behaviours
- Evidence of any other essential criteria outlined in the personal specification
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
East Surrey Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.