We are recruiting for a Participation Manager on a 12 month secondment, working within our Public Health and Prevention Directorate.
As a Participation Manager you will support the teams and services within your aligned portfolio to develop and support programmes of engagement and co-design with service users, families and communities. A key part of the role is to build relationships with partners in both the voluntary and community sector, including those working with seldom heard groups, in order to build promote the widest possible public engagement.Main duties of the job
As a Participation Manager you will take a lead role in the development, implementation and evaluation of your portfolio's involvement, participation engagement and co design work, including responding to national changes and initiatives, to improve the quality and effectiveness of outcomes for patients/ clients, carers and families.
You will work with colleagues to ensure that systems are in place which invite patients, service users and family carers to be fully involved in the development and monitoring of participation, engagement, involvement and co design work and its impact.
In addition, you will lead on the development, implementation and compliance of service processes and standard operating procedures ensuring service development and delivery is in accordance with local and national guidelines budget management and embedding confidentialitycompliance as central to the handling of sensitive data both by self and others.About us
One of the largest community NHS trusts in the UK, KCHFT are rated 'outstanding' by the CQC. We've got a passion for delivering high standards of care to patients and deliver excellent services to improve the health of our communities. To do this we need outstanding people who share our valuesC
We're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, which leads to better patient care and a happier workforce. So, all our colleagues have equal access to career opportunities.
We've signed up to be a real UK living wage employer. The real Living Wage is the only UK wage rate voluntarily paid by 7,000+ UK businesses who believe their staff deserve a fair wage. Committing to the real UK Living Wage is one way we're delivering our pledge to be the best employer.
Flexibility is another way we do this. In the NHS, we're reminded every day how important life is. As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want you to be able to work in a way that is best for us, for our patients and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement without having to sacrifice time for personal interests or family commitments. We'll support you to work flexibly in a way that will suits us both.
Looking for professional development? We can support that too! Ourcareer pathwayswill help you achieve your aspirations.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The job description and person specification gives you all the information you need about this role. Please look carefully at the criteria in the person specification and tell us what you have done that shows you meet this.
Still have questions? The recruiting manager would love to hear from you, their contact details can be found in the job advert.
We can get a lot of applications for some roles so to be in with the best chance of being shortlisted please make sure you apply as soon as possible. A vacancy may close early if there is a lot of interest in the job.
If you need an application form in an alternative format please let our recruitment team know so they can help you with this.
All information you supply on your application should, to the best of your knowledge, be true and accurate. Interviews are due to take place on the 24th of November 2023.
Find out more about the community differencehere.
Good luck! We cant wait to meet you and welcome you to #teamKCHFT, #cometocommunity
Although vaccination against COVID-19 is not mandatory, we are strongly encouraging colleagues in clinical and non-clinical roles who have direct or social contact with patients to be fully vaccinated. In this way we will be doing all we can to ensure your safety and that of your colleagues and the patients we serve.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Level 6 qualification (e.g. Bachelor degree BA/BSc, NVQ level 6, ordinary degree without honours)
- Equivalent demonstrable experience Leadership/management qualification or willingness to work towards
- Project management qualification
- Recognised qualification/training in Involvement/Co-Design
- Management / Leadership experience including experience of managing formal and informal
- HR processes experience of handling highly confidential and sensitive information
- Experience of managing projects and undertaking evaluation
- NHS administrative experience
- Intermediate experience of a financial system i.e. Agresso including experience of managing budgets
- Experience of building relationships with marginalised groups and those affected by health inequalities.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Design and development of standard and bespoke reports
Skills and abilitiesEssential
- Understanding of health and social care sector, including working knowledge of NHS structures, policies and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including solid presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide range of people from different backgrounds at all levels of seniority
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and organisational skills
- Ability to record accurate minutes of meetings and present to a high standard
- Ability to concentrate and focus on diverse tasks whilst dealing with frequent interruptions
Ability to manageEssential
- Ability to apply sound judgement and logical approach to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations, being objective and innovative and using use initiative to resolve problems
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and respond quickly to changing priorities, reorganising own and others workload to meet deadlines
- Effective leadership, influencing, persuasion and negotiating skills
- Ability to deal with distressing or emotional situations and discussions objectively and with emotional intelligence
- Ability to travel to diverse sites
- Ability to work unsupervised with responsibility for managing own work
- Proven ability to manage staff including performance and absence management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to cope with pressure during busy periods and act in a professional manner at all times
Kent Community Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Trinity House, Upper Pemberton, Kennington
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.