We have a vacancy for a Band 6 District Nurse to work on our Out of Hours Service, who have the enthusiasm and positive approach to join a multidisciplinary team with a vision to deliver the right care, at the right time to help improve the lives of our local residents.
Our team is based within the grounds of Macclesfield District General Hospital and work between the hours of 17.00 - 08.00. We cover the whole of East Cheshire .
We are hoping to fill vacancies on our evening service 17.00 - 22.00. Experience in Triage and delegation is essential for the role. We are looking for a candidate with the flexibility to cover the night service 22.00 - 08.00 in cases of staff sickness
The candidate must have excellent communication skills and hold a Specialist Nursing Practice (District Nursing) degree or portfolio to demonstrate equivalent experience and skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our innovative team to drive forward the expansion and modernization of community nursing services with commitment to deliver the NHS Long Term Plan.
Travel is an essential part of this role. Please demonstrate on your application form how you can meet this requirement. Hours per week: 10Main duties of the job
To triage calls from patients and other members of the MDT and to assess patient need accordingly
To delegate work as per skill mix of the team
To provide holistic, high quality, safe and skilled health and social care / support to patients, carers and their families.
To work closely with members of the integrated care team to provide rapid and planned expert professional assessment and treatment interventions for patients in their own homes or other community settings, putting patients at the center of their care and enabling patients to maximise their independence, health and wellbeing and remain in their own homes for as long as possible.
To provide leadership and support across the care community team demonstrating emotional intelligence to recognize pressures of self and team.About us
Whether you are just starting out in your career or are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, East Cheshire NHS Trust is the right employer for you. An organisation with a real sense of community we actively support and develop our staff to ensure our patients receive the best quality care, delivering the right care first time, every time.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course our patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. We will be checking the vaccination status of all new starters as part of ongoing monitoring.
Please be aware that this post requires an Enhanced with Barred list Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which is payable by the successful candidate. If you have lived or worked abroad for 6 months or more in the last 5 years you will need to obtain an overseas police clearance. Further information can be found on the additional information links at the bottom of the advert.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please read the attached Applicant Pack prior to completing your application form to find out more information.
Please download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification located under the Supporting Documents heading to read more about the advertised role.
As part of making your application we encourage you to review the Trusts Careers webpage www.careersateastcheshire.nhs.uk for more information about working for East Cheshire NHS Trust.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion. The Trust is a Disability Confident Leader and as such, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview providing they meet the minimum criteria for the post (outlined in the Person Specification).
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close the advert prior to the advertised closing date should we receive a large number of applications.
We look forward to receiving your application.Person SpecificationSkills and ExperienceEssential
- Ability to make appropriate decisions at all levels
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Ability to organise the work load, able to delegate and prioritise
- Good knowledge of health and safety and risk management
- Computer literate
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Reflective practitioner
- Relevant experience/placements to the role including assessment and management of long term conditions, palliative care conditions and wound care.
- Ability to manage time and caseload effectively
- Provision of support and direction to learner nurses, Health Care Support Workers, Assistant practitioners and new starters
- Registered Nurse
- Specialist Nursing Practice (District Nursing) Degree or equivalent experience (and be willing to undertake/complete training within 2 years of commencing in post )
- Community Nurse Prescribing (V150)
- Mentor/Preceptor/998 or equivalent
- Management/leadership Qualification
- Working towards MSc in relevant subject.
- Post registration qualifications e.g. palliative care, care of the elderly, wound care, continence or other relevant qualification.
- Clinical examination Skills
- Demonstrable experience at band 5 with either community experience or transferable skills.
- Evidence of clinical knowledge relevant to the post, with knowledge of care planning
- Experience of teaching others
- Advocate of multidisciplinary team working
- Knowledge and understanding of Adult protection issues and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Clear understanding of health and social care services
- Understanding of Information Governance/ Data Protection,
- Professional Knowledge awareness (NMC) standards
Other role requirmentsEssential
- Band 6 level experience in relevant setting
- Management of a team
- Awareness of standardised assessments and outcome measures.
- Awareness of relevant NSF's and NICE guidance Clinical supervision
- Undertake Continuing Health Care (CHC) assessments.(SKILL)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for further details.
East Cheshire NHS TrustAddress
General Hospital, Victoria Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.