The Adult Community Health Care Teams (ACHT) within Buckinghamshire are delighted to announce there is a position for full-time Advanced Community Practitioner band 7 nurse within Marlow and surrounding villages. It offers a mix of town and countryside working. If you like the faster pace of urban life, then this is the place for you.
Marlow locality has a wide range of enthusiastic and committed staff from various background building a service with priorities that reflects high standards in care and changing needs of the service.As part of an integrated Trust, the ACHT reflects a cohesive approach, with both Primary and Secondary care services that has been designed in response to the changing needs of the local population.Main duties of the job
- Provide skilled, professional assessment of health needs and relevant nursing complex case management
- To proactively case find patients who are very high intensity users of community and primary healthcare and / or are at high risk of unplanned admission to hospital
- To educate and support the members of the multi-disciplinary teams to intensively case manage these patients.
- To intensively case manage their own caseload of patients with highly complex and unstable health needs
- Develop systems and processes to support intensive case management within the multi-disciplinary team and with partners across the health system.
- To work with and refer appropriately to other agencies to enable identified patients to be intensively managed in a pro-active way with the aim of preventing hospital admission, supporting early discharge and reduce GP contact.
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD
What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes.
We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce. Why work for us?
We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families. What do we stand for?
Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on email@example.com quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent competencies in health related subjects
- Level 1 Registered Nurse
- Recognised teaching or mentorship qualification equivalent to level 3
- District Nursing SPQ
- Independent/supplementary non-medical prescriber
- Experience of working as advanced clinical practitioner/ case management long terms conditions Complex Case manager
- Medicines management at a senior level
- Supporting self-care and enabling independence
- Professional practice and leadership
- Managing care at the end of life
- Experience of interagency and partnership working
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Highly specialist knowledge in managing patients in the community with complex medical needs, long term/chronic disease management and palliative care
- Highly developed professional knowledge base, supported by educational development and different work environments
- Knowledge of current political drivers, health and social care issues
- Specialist knowledge of governance and risk strategies and their application in a community setting
- Highly developed general management practice, including organisational performance management, finance, human resources and equality and diversity
- Highly specialist clinical and technical skills in managing long term conditions / end of life care
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Marlow Health Clinic
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.