Barts Health NHS Trust is one of Britain's leading healthcare providers and the largest Trust within the NHS. We are looking for the best talent to work in our ambitious healthcare organisation. In return, Barts Health will provide excellent professional development, education and research opportunities.
We have an opportunity for a static Band 6 Occupational Therapist to work within our Surgical, Medical and Respiratory Team (SMART) at Newham University Hospital. This includes working within the specialisms of Respiratory, Critical Care and Medicine (endocrinology or gastroenterology) We are looking for a dynamic individual with excellent clinical and communication skills, who will foster multi-disciplinary relationships and team working.Main duties of the job
To provide high quality occupational therapy interventions to a wide variety of patients including the advanced assessment and treatment of patients, provision of individual and group education and treatment, provision of assistive devices (orthotics) and equipment, minor structural home adaptations and provision of complex disability management and advocacy services.
To be an active member of the Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy Team covering the following areas:
- Respiratory medicine
- Critical care
- Medicine (endocrinology and gastroenterology)
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together.
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To work effectively with patients and families requiring a language interpreter and ensure effective assessment and treatment and for all patients regardless of their spoken language or communication status.
- To be responsible for disseminating Trust policies and information as required.
- Provides feedback to other workers on their communication at appropriate times.
- A key responsibility will be to utilise a variety of strategies to communicate effectively with patients and those involved in their care
- The post holder must also communicate with other staff within the Trust, with external organisations and with the general public.
- Keeps accurate and complete records of activities and communications consistent with legislation, policies and procedures
- oExperience in specialist field(s) gained by experience in rotational position and specialist training to post graduate diploma level or equivalent
- oAbility to communicate effectively at all levels across the Department and Directorate
- oAbility communicate effectively, both written and oral
- oAbility to offer constructive suggestions for service improvement
- oDiploma or Degree in Occupational therapy
- oHPC registration
- oFulfils KSF outline for Occupational Therapist (Band 5)
- oCRB clearance
- oEvidence of CPD
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAbility to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- oThe ability to communicate with patients in an empathetic manner regarding their treatment and procedures
- . oCan demonstrate an enthusiastic, approachable and friendly manner
- oAbility to demonstrate enthusiasm towards teaching and sharing knowledge
- oUnderstanding of own Knowledge and Skills Framework and ability to identify learning needs and interests
- oAbility to self-reflect, carry out tasks of own job and identify what s/he needs to learn to able to do current job better
- oAbility to take an active role in agreed learning activities and keeps a record of them
- oActs in a way that is consistent with legislation, policies and procedures and abide by the Trust Health and Safety policies
- oAbility to support others in maintaining health, safety and security
- oEffectively carries out tasks related to evaluating services
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
Newham University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.