*Please note that this vacancy is for Advancing Quality Alliance (Aqua) and will be based at Crossgate House in Sale and not for Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust*
This post provides improvement experience and delivery across Aqua Capability, Person Centred Care, Safety and Mortality programmes. This post provides expert guidance across quality and safety improvement priorities. This post will contribute to Aqua wide programmes as well as responsibility for operational delivery of a core suite of safety programmes. You will join a competent, enthusiastic, and driven team and will need to lead and contribute to team development, influence, and drive positive improvement behaviours across all stakeholders and partnerships.
Aqua currently blends operational delivery in both virtual and face to face formats and in accordance with national guidance this post provides the opportunity to work from home and the office when required. This post requires extensive monthly travel nationally which may include overnight stays, working on site and at events with our clients and partners.Main duties of the job
For this post you will need experience and evidence of knowledge and application of safety science, quality improvement knowledge and skills and the ability to introduce and develop these skills in others. This includes the ability to deliver classroom and virtual based training covering theoretical and practical quality improvement models, tools, and techniques. This is a safety-focused role and therefore you must demonstrate understanding and application of Human Factors and have a detailed understanding of the requirements of the national Patient Safety Strategy and the Patient Safety Incident Response Framework.
You will need to support individuals and teams to identify and deliver against evidenced quality and safety outcomes. You will need to be competent in the application of QI tools and demonstrate evidence of your own personal experience in the application of these skills in a health or social care setting. The successful candidates must be able to lead key quality and safety improvement programmes on behalf of Aqua, design and deliver events and operationally manage the day-to-day delivery of highly complex work. You must be able to work confidently in a quality and safety improvement arena, communicating with multiple stakeholders, developing positive and responsive relationships with all stakeholders.About us
Aqua (Advancing Quality Alliance) is a quality improvement organisation working with the NHS, care providers and local authorities to identify, refine and embed sustainable strategies for high-quality care and regulatory excellence.
Established in 2010, we operate as a membership and consultancy organisation providing quality improvement expertise, specialist learning and development across the UK.
We develop tailored, efficient solutions, informed by data and co-designed with service users to deliver maximum impact.
At Aqua we seek to ensure we reflect the world in which we live in through understanding and supporting equality and diversity in all that we do. Our values of excellence, respect, integrity and collaboration are at the heart of our work in support of our staff and members.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading.Person SpecificationQualifications & RegistrationEssential
- Post grad qualification in QI/safety/leadership
- NHS professional clinical qualification or QI/safety/transformation role experience
- Safety or Quality improvement qualification or QI demonstrable experience
- MSC with relevant to role
- Extensive experience of involvement in front line delivery of multiple quality improvement programmes and initiatives
- Extensive experience in the design, delivery and evaluation of quality improvement programmes and projects to agreed timescales and within budget
- Experience of delivering quality improvement coaching, application of action learning and/or continuous quality improvement methods
- Able to manage multiple improvement programmes
- Specialist knowledge of Safety Science, Human Factors, Quality Improvement models, methodologies, theory and applications
- Specialist knowledge of Quality Improvement models, methodologies, theory and applications
- Health care service delivery, challenges and operational demands
- Knowledge of patient safety and mortality and able to use QI/Safety Science tools and techniques as part of daily work
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to use QI/Safety Science tools and techniques as part of routine work
- Able to facilitate situations so others can learn QI models and methods
- Able to engage, involve and collaborate with multiple stakeholders across improvement programmes
- Able to facilitate face to face and virtual programme delivery and meetings
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust Address
Aqua Offices, Crossgate House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.