Staff Nurse Clifton Ward 4
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals are looking for highly motivated and committed Band 5 Staff Nurse to work on Ward 4 in Clifton Hospital.
We require an enthusiastic individual with a can do attitude who has the ability to work on our friendly Ward . You must be as passionate as we are in getting things right first time every time. Commitment to undertake ongoing in-service training and development is essential. You should be motivated, keen to learn and ready to embrace change. Our commitment to you is to provide the environment for this to happen and ensure that you are part of our defined preceptorship programme. As a Trust, we recommend that individuals employed in patient facing roles, or those located on a ward or department where patients receive a service are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.Main duties of the job
- To work as a registered nurse within a ward team within the IMPF Division.
- To prioritise and deliver nursing care and assessment as needed.
- To demonstrate high standards of care and set examples of best practise within the delivery of patient care.
- To liaise with other departments and staff to ensure that patient care is delivered.
- To ensure patients' safety, privacy and dignity is maintained at all times.
- To support the nurse in charge of the ward and liaise with other departments and professionals to ensure that the needs of the ward are met.
- Following appropriate development to take charge of the ward and oversee patient admissions and transfers and the care delivered by other staff.
- To undertake such duties as from time to time determined by the Unit Manager and/or Head Nurse.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for this postAbout us
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is ideally situated just a forty five minute drive from Manchester. The Trust provides services to the 440,000 residents of Blackpool, Fylde & Wyre and North Lancashire, as well as specialist tertiary care for Cardiac and Haematology patients.
As one of the United Kingdom's largest coastal resort, Blackpool has plenty to offer its residents - it's not just a good place to work it's a great place to live
. In addition to its bustling centre and historic seafront, the town is world famous for its many attractions, including the famous Blackpool Tower. Blackpool also offers a number of scenic cycling routes round our local parks and across the surrounding countryside, as well as boasting panoramic views of the coast on its picturesque Promenade. Further afield, Blackpool also benefits from less than three-hour connections via rail to Edinburgh in the north and London in the south.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information on the Job Description and main responsibilities, Please see the attached Job Description.
Please also read the attached Person Specification to ensure you have the relevant criteria for the post.Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Registered Nurse (1st or 2nd Level)
- Willingness to undertake teaching and assessing qualification
- Willingness to undertake study in relevant speciality subject
- Post Registration qualification*
- Practice Assessor/Supervisor/Mentorship qualification
- Ability to teach peers within clinical area Experience of team and ward management
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Experience of team and ward management
- Ability to establish priorities
- Team Player & Team Leadership qualities
- Good time management
- Basic I.T. skills
- Decision maker
- Communicate at all levels
- Problem solver
- Lateral thinker
- Basic Life Support
- The ability to communicate effectively in English
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Venepuncture & Cannulation skills
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals
Whinney Heys Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.