As part of the Estates & Facilities, (E& F), Capital Development Team the post holder will be required to provide high level project support by assisting in the planning and delivery of Projects, work packages or products. This will involve supporting with planning, managing, and coordinating activities and projects to a high standard and to deadlines. The post holder will be required to develop and maintain the project library, databases and associated resource lists.
Is responsible for coordinating all aspects of projects and ensuring that all stages of design development and the building contract are monitored for compliance with the requirements of the project and that relevant project information is controlled and communicated in an effective manner.
The post holder will be a key member of the team, providing a coordination role across a number of the work streams and efficient and effective administrative support to the Project Management team, both collectively and individually. The post holder will provide a pivotal role in interfacing across a number of internal stakeholders and other external organisations, including design team consultants other NHS Trusts (ICHT) and public sector organizations (Hounslow LA).
The post holder may also be required to provide cover for administration duties for the wider capital projects team.Main duties of the job
- Coordination support for multifaceted, large scale construction programme and associated business cases
- Provide administrative support for the project, including Executive Administration support to the Programme Board and Steering Group, chaired by the Deputy CEO and Hospital Director respectively
- Coordinate clinical user and key stakeholder design groups
- Provide administrative support to the planning submission process
- Support the Communications strategy and public/patient consultation events
- Support in the preparation of key materials for workshops, meetings and events (FIC)
- Processing departmental purchasing and supplier's invoices.
- Maintain project governance documentation
- Develop and maintain project directory for consultants, suppliers and contractors.
- Support the procurement process on the project side for large scale contracts e.g. equipping, main construction tender
- Provide secretarial support to the team.
- Provide absence ad hoc cover/support if required for the E& F administrative team.
- Managing/reporting and updating the project folder
- Provide administrative support to the team, including:
- Coordinating the ADC Programme Board Meeting and associated documentation
- Coordinating the Steering Group documentation
- Supporting with the administration associated with tender processes
- Processing/raising purchase orders
- Processing payments and invoices
- Chasing tender returns and tracking procurement packages
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provide services from two main hospitals,Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital, and a number of clinics across London and the South-East.
We have nearly 7,000 members of staff that are PROUD to Care
for nearly one million people.Both hospitals provide full clinical services, including full maternity, emergency and children's, in addition to a range of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
We're one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We're also one of the top trusts to work for - our staff says they're engaged, motivated, and would recommend us as a place to work and receive treatment.
Our Trust has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as 'Good' in all five of the main domains of safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, giving an us overall rating of 'Good'. We've also been awarded an 'Outstanding' rating for 'use of resources' by an NHS Improvement inspection.
Our facilities are some of the best in the country. We have been investing significant Capital year on year in our estate. We have recently completed a �30m expansion of our adult and neonatal critical care facilities at Chelsea and Westminster and are planning an ambitious �60m development of an Ambulatory Diagnostics Centre at West Middlesex.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
FOR FULL RESPONSIBILITIES PLEASE REFER TO JOB DESCRIPTION Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- To work as a specialist professional as part of the Estates Department.
- Deputising for the Head of Capital Programme as required.
- Be involved in the day-to-day activities of the E& F Capital Programme as a whole and must be proactive and visible in driving the programme forwards.
- To provide expert specialist and professional construction and estates projects advice to other Estates staff, Directors, Senior Management, Trust Boards and external agencies.
- Be able to communicate the 5-Year Capital Programme and vision effectively. This will involve highly complex situations where there will be significant barriers to understanding.
- Owning and communicating the vision for the 5-Year Capital Programme and being its champion, providing clear leadership and direction through the life of the programme.
- Providing overall direction and leadership for the delivery and implementation of the Capital Programme with personal accountability for its outcome, including taking a lead role where required in property/land disposals, acquisitions and negotiations with both third parties and external investors.
- Accountable for the Capital Programmes governance arrangements by ensuring the programme, including its investment, is established and managed according to appropriate requirements and quality.
- Degree level or equivalent work experience
- Evidence of further personal development/training
- Previous/recent experience in contractual and/or construction project management processes.
- Experience of working in a muli-organisational environment
- Experience of composing own correspondence (eg letters, memos and emails).
- Experience of computer systems including Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Skills and knowledgeEssential
- NHS experience, preferably within an estates/facilities related field
- Experience of working under a Quality Assurance System
- Ability to answer enquiries within given timescale and collate data to deadlines.
- Ability to disseminate information and summarise to the team
- Knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects
- With the ability to work without supervision. Able to work on own initiative, organising and prioritising own and others workloads to changing and often tight deadlines
- Able to work proactively with minimal supervision.
- An understanding of the pressures that working in a busy department generates for both staff and patients and the ability to deal with these sympathetically and in a supportive manner.
- A working knowledge of NHS Standing Financial Instructions
Employer detailsEmployer name
- A conscientious, committed and approachable team worker
- Cheerful, helpful and committed to providing a high level of customer care
- Commitment to high professional standards
- A courteous approach to colleagues and members of the public
- Ability to deal with complex, confidential and sensitive issues
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
West Middlesex University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.