We have an exciting opportunity in Northwest London for a dynamic and experienced Band 7 Occupational Therapist. This role would suit those who are looking to further develop their specialist clinical and leadership skills and gain or enhance their experience of working within community settings.
This role is full time, for 6 months, based at Wembley Centre for Health and Care, HA0 4UZ, working across Brent Community Rehab service and Brent Falls services.
The post holder must have expert knowledge in the fields of rehabilitation, including physical disabilities and falls, and should have experience of leadership at Band 7 level, including line managing junior colleagues.
Applications are welcomed from internal and external applicants.Main duties of the job
Providing a highly specialist occupational therapy (OT) service as part of a multi-disciplinary team, to patients in their own homes and other community settings.
They will be expected to contribute to the development and monitoring of the service. Post holder will be responsible for the line management and supervision of Band 5 / 6 Occupational Therapists and Rehabilitation Support workers across the CSU and would be expected to supervise Occupational Therapy students on practice education placements.About us
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to Job description and personal Specification for outline of skills, knowledge and experience required. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- To be highly specialised in the assessment and treatment of patients with complex multi-pathologies
- To undertake highly specialist OT assessments using evidence-based outcome measures, in a variety of settings i.e., patients home, care home setting, community centre, of patients referred to the rehabilitation team.
- At all times to work clinically within an evidence-based framework
- To be responsible for gaining valid, informed consent for assessment and treatment interventions, and sharing of information following legal and professional guidelines
- Current AHP with UK HCPC registration
- Educated to degree level with appropriate post graduate qualification in relevant clinical area
- Evidence of CPD relevant to the treatment of people with physical and cognitive disabilities o Up to date CPD portfolio .
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Member of OT specialist interest group that is, Specialist section in older adults
- MSC in appropriate clinical area
- Leadership / management training
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Wembley Centre for Health & Care
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.