We are looking for Theatre Anaesthetic & Recovery Practitioners - Registered Nurses with the Anaesthetic course or Operating Department Practitioners to join the Obstetrics and Gynae team based in Preston we welcome experienced and newly qualified individuals alike and offer a supportive and nurturing environment where individual contribution is recognised. Bespoke rotational development options are available to allow individual career pathways.
Are you motivated, enthusiastic and dynamic? If so your next position may be waiting for you at The Sharoe Green Unit Lancashire Teachings Hospitals Trust.
We specialise in providing high quality care to patients undergoing Obstetric, benign Gynaecology and Gynae Oncology procedures. We also operate using Robot which is in our main theatre complex.
We work closely with a wider range of specialties such as Urology, Colorectal, Plastics, and Vascular which enables us to provide highly specialised care to Oncology patients. We also have a close working relationship with maternity so you will have to demonstrate excellent interpersonal working skills.
We seek committed and flexible individuals who have outstanding clinical skills, effective communication and organisational skills. You will display enthusiasm and have a genuine interest in Women's Health.Main duties of the job
Our vision for theatres is to deliver first class peri-operative care for every patient. In return our commitment to you is to offer support, development and opportunities in an inclusive environment. Therefore we will offer you :
- Great learning opportunities to enable all staff to fulfil their potential
- post-qualification development opportunities including ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Core People Management.
Coaching and Mentoring Apprenticeship
- A fully supported induction programme with a named mentor
- Ongoing support from theatre clinical education team
- Salary sacrifice scheme - childcare, electronics and cars
- A generous annual leave provision
- NHS pension
- Annual appraisal and personal development plans
In order to continue to provide the finest possible care we can to our patients we will assist your development every step of the way, making sure that you are equipped with the skills needed to meet every potential challenge.About us
We have 10,000 fantastic people working hard to deliver quality services to our patients. Whatever your role, you help look after 370,000 people in our local area & give specialist care to 1.5 million people across Lancashire & Cumbria.
Working with us gives you the knowledge and sense of pride that every activity you do genuinely does make a difference to support our patients & staff, ensuring we keep thriving & delivering outstanding healthcare right across our local towns.
You'll have access to varied development opportunities, learn new skills, meet fab people & do things you'd never have done. You'll learn about working in a hospital, interacting with people from all different roles to build skills & enhance your career path.
You'll make an impact, be challenged to think differently, be bold & help innovate to keep improving things. Everything we do centres around patient care and enhancing their experience which means your role is pivotal and something really to be proud of.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationKnowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet patients needs in accordance with agreedlocal/national standards and evidence based guidelines.
- Develop and continually update clinical skills in line with Local and National standards andrecommendations for practice
- Demonstrate competent practice in the role of Anaesthetic and Recovery Practitioner by achieving a national recognised qualification (ODP, Anaesthetic)
- Adheres to policies and procedures and adapts to evidence based changes to practice
- Maintain basic scrub skills for ODPs
- Support and provide patient educationand health promotion
- Act as a patient safety champion maintaining a safety focus
- Ensure compliance with the Trust safety agenda, actively promoting best practice
- Ensures environment is safe, well equipped and compliant with standards for hygiene and cleanliness.
- Proactively manage risk and maintain patient safety, conforming to health, safety and security legislation, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Be responsible for the delivery and co-ordination of care, through appropriate professional practice, delegation and supervision of duties carried out by junior staff and students
- Assist in setting, monitoring and maintaining standards of care to improve the patient experience and outcome of care.
- Communicate all relevant information to the multidisciplinary team internally and with external organisations as required, to ensure seamless care
- Act as a role model, presenting a positive image of self, team and the organisation
- Promote equality in care and practice by recognising, respecting and meeting the needs and choices of individuals
- Participate in own continual professional development and that of junior staff and students within the department
- Create a positive learning environment, offering support and guidance to all learners within the department.
- Coordinate student learning opportunities and provide pastoral support.
- Maintain and develop own professional competence and seek to extend the scope of personal knowledge and skills within scope of role and professional practice
- Experience within the anaesthetic practitioner role
- Awareness of current issues in practice
- Knowledge of policies and procedures relevant to practice
- Willingness to expand clinical role
Qualifications & EducationEssential
- Knowledge of ethical issues
- Knowledge of Quadramed and evolve
- Registered nurse / ODP with current NMC/ HCPC registration
- Post registration Anaesthetic course if not an ODP
- Evidence of CPD ( experienced band 5 's)
- Basic IT skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- IV drug administration
- Venepuncture and cannulation
- Transfer course
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Preston Hospital
Sharoe Green Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.