Calling all qualified Radiographers with DCR/Degrees in Radiography to join our dynamic, friendly and inclusive Imaging team.
Newly qualified and experienced staff are supported with a supernumerary period and mentor. Out Trust supports a culture of continual learning and are committed to your career advancement, we have just launched our Accelerated Development Programme for Band 5-6 progression.
We are a busy multi-skilled department, based at Russell's Hall Acute Hospital, with sites at Corbett and Guest outpatient departments. You will be expected to take part in any shift systems 7days a week, Bank Holiday and on-call service as required, supervising and assisting out of hours staff.Main duties of the job
You will work across General, ED, Theatre and Fluoroscopy, offering a variety of patients from in-pts, out-pts and GPs, adult and Paediatric. There are opportunities to develop skills in DEXA, CT/MRI and Interventional Radiography. We have a Band5/6 progression for Radiographers wanting to further their clinical and leadership skills within the General dept.About us
At the Dudley Group our patients and staff are at the heart of all that we do and that is to provide a world class service that aligns with our vision of excellent health care, improved health for all. We are seeking to recruit staff who share our vision and values of making Dudley Group an incredible workplace.
We are committed to becoming a diverse and an inclusive employer and where people feel sense of belonging. Seeking to expand diversity within our teams, we positively encourage applications from under-represented groups such as ethnically diverse, disabled and LGBTQ+ groups. We are also under-represented in-terms of gender within nursing roles and we would welcome applications from people from male and non-binary backgrounds.
Dudley Group offer many opportunities for our staff to develop and grow within their roles through our Learning & OD department. These include topics such as communication, wellbeing, team development, cultural competency, and values, plus much more. For those in a Management/Leadership role, there are additional programmes to support you to develop the skills you need. These include our Managers Essentials Programme and a Leadership Programme that all managers will attend as part of your Dudley Managers Induction. Our Learning Prospectus is a great way to discover the details behind what's available for you here at The Dudley Group.
We are committed to home life balance through flexible working and making reasonable adjustments where possibleJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for full details of the main duties and responsibilities that the post holder is required to undertakePerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Diploma of the College of Radiography or BSc in Diagnostic Radiography
- Recent relevant experience of working in a diagnostic imaging department
Knowledge and trainingEssential
- Previous experience of using computer/digital radiography and PACS systems
Communication and relationship skillsEssential
- Maintain and update professional skills and knowledge through continuous professional development (CPD) producing a portfolio of evidenceEssential
- To take part in the 'Red Dot' system and ensure that identified abnormalities are brought to the attention of clinicians
- Participate in the training of student radiographers, assistants, assistant practitioners and apprentices.
Analytical and Judgment skillsEssential
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Planning and Organisational skillsEssential
- Ability to motivate /organise themselves and others
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Honest and trustworthy
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Demonstrates respect for patient dignity
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to cope with distressing or emotional circumstances
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Trust ValuesEssential
- Ability to cope with change
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the role and duties of a Radiographer
- Willing to participate in training opportunities
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to provide safe, caring, and effective services
- Values and behaviours that reflect the Trust values of Care, Respect and Responsibility
- Commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that is free from discrimination and where people feel they belong, and their contribution is valued
The Dudley Group NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Russell's Hall Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.