The Greenwich Pulmonary Rehabilitation Service has received significant funding to expand the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Team. We are now looking for an experienced enthusiastic Physiotherapist to join our expanding team. The PR team sits within the wider Greenwich Community COPD Team.
The role will involve a mixture of managerial and clinical allotted time to support the band 6 physiotherapists, rehabilitation assistant, administrator and students on placement, to ensure the safe and effective delivery of PR within the borough. Clinical responsibility will require assessing patients within their own homes or clinic setting, to assess for suitability for Pulmonary Rehabilitation. The post holder will also be responsible for delivering Pulmonary Rehabilitation in the 2 community venues within the borough.
The post holder will be supported by the COPD Team Lead.Main duties of the job
- To ensure a high quality, effective and efficient physiotherapy service in the pulmonary rehabilitation service.
- To use highly specialist physiotherapy knowledge and skills, to manage own complex caseload, as an autonomous practitioner.
- To lead and manage staff and to supervise, teach and develop staff and students to meet individual and service needs.
- To deputise for the Clinical Lead when necessary.
- To practice within the multidisciplinary team as an autonomous practitioner, ensuring the highest possible standards of practice.
Oxleas offers a wide range of NHS healthcare services to people in community and secure environment settings. Our services include community health care such as district nursing and speech and language therapy, care for people with learning disabilities and mental health care such as psychiatry, nursing and therapies. Our multidisciplinary teams look after people of all ages and we work in close partnership with other parts of the NHS, local councils and the voluntary sector and through our new provider collaboratives. Our 4,300 members of staff work in many different settings including hospitals, clinics, prisons, secure hospitals, children's centres, schools and people's homes.
We have over 125 sites in a variety of locations in the South of England. In London we operate within the Boroughs of Bexley, Bromley Greenwich and into Kent. We manage hospital sites including Queen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup and Memorial Hospital, Woolwich, as well as the Bracton Centre, our medium secure unit for people with mental health needs. We are the largest NHS provider of prison health services providing healthcare to prisons within Devon, Dorset, Bristol, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire, Kent and South London. We are proud of the care we provide and our people.
Our purpose is to improve lives by providing the best possible care to our patients and their families. This is strengthened by our new values:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We're Kind
- We're Fair
- We Listen
- We Care
- To be responsible for the efficient, effective and safe management of all patients referred to the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Team
To accept clinical responsibility for a designated caseload of patients, and to organise this efficiently and effectively with regard to clinical priorities and use of time.
- To ensure a high standard of clinical care for the patients under your management, and support more junior staff to do likewise
To undertake physiotherapy assessments in across various community settings including clients homes.
- Degree in physiotherapy
- Registered HCPC
- Evidence of up to date CPD and short courses in resp mx
- Knowledge and understanding in a broad range of respiratory conditions and problems particularly COPD
Desirable skillsEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Extensive specialist experience in pulmonary rehabilitation
Oxleas NHS Foundation TrustAddress
151 Goldie Leigh
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.