TEWV NHS Foundation Trust are offering an exciting opportunity for an innovative and dynamic nurse to join our corporate nursing team to workalongside the Senior IPC and Physical Healthcare Nurses. The aim of the post is to assist the Infection Prevention & Control Team in providing a high-profile Infection Prevention and Control service to the Trust in order to reduce the incidence of healthcare associated infections.
The post holder with support will be expected to provide a visible, proactive approach to prevention, surveillance, investigation and control of infection, including the review, formulation, implementation and education of evidence-based infection prevention and control practices, in line with national and hospital policy.
The post holder would be expected to participate in developing the learning needs of the Infection Prevention and Control Link Staff in liaison with the Senior IPC and Physical Healthcare Nurses and other members of the Infection Prevention and Control Team.
The post holder will be a strong patient advocate, providing visible leadership and ensuring that the care of patients reflects best clinical standards and that all patients are treated with dignity and respect in line with Trust Values.Main duties of the job
To work within the Infection Prevention and Control Team providing specialist nursing input in the identification, prevention, monitoring/surveillance and control of infection within the Trust. To monitor staff compliance with infection prevention and control policies initiating appropriate actions to enable all grades and disciplines of staff to prevent and control infection. Act as a specialist adviser and resource to all staff, clinical and non-clinical on issues relating to infection prevention and control. Participate in infection prevention and control team meetings and attend other relevant committees and working groups as agreed with the Senior IPC and Physical Healthcare Nurses. Participate in the writing of infection control reports in conjunction with the Senior IPC and Physical Healthcare Nurses.About us
The ideal candidate will be a skilled and knowledgeable clinician in the field of infection, prevention and control with relevant experience working within a mental health and/or learning disability environment as an advantage. We are looking for someone who will enjoy a challenge, remains calm underpressure, and with the motivation and enthusiasm to make a difference to individuals accessing services provided by TEWV.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will support evidence based practice and be able to work independently and autonomously within clinical practice, having oversight of apatient caseload, but also, supporting the strategic role of developing our Infection, Prevention and Control Service across the Trust.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First level Registered Nurse Adult (RNA) or Registered General Nurse (RGN) with current NMC registration and eligible to practice.
- BSc Nursing, Infection Prevention and Control or post-registration specialist course at BSc level or equivalent
- Post-registration teaching and assessing qualification (e.g. Mentorship, ENB 998 or City and Guilds 730)
- Post-registration qualification in infection prevention and control and/or infectious disease management
- Evidence of continual professional learning and development.
- MSc Nursing, Infection Prevention and Control or post-registration specialist course at MSc level.
- Clinical experience of infection prevention and control, and infectious disease management
- Substantial experience of nursing at Band 5 or above
- Experience of delivering instructional, educational teaching and training programmes
- Able to manage own caseload
- Previous experience of mental healthcare or working within a mental health or learning disability environment
- Experience of working within an acute secondary care setting
- Participation in the development of policies and procedures
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding at post-graduate level of the principles and theory of infection prevention and control and disease management
- Knowledge of national policy and guidance in relation to infection prevention and control and disease management
- Knowledge and experience of clinical audit and research
- Knowledge of incident reporting and serious incidents in reference to infection prevention and control and infectious disease management
- Skills in relation to promoting infection prevention and control and infectious disease management
- Be fully literate and to be able to communicate clearly complex information verbally, in legible writing and electronically in appropriate formats
- Computer and keyboard skills and use of Microsoft packages
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Participation in the delivery of teaching or education packages to patients, carers, or staff
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Flatts Lane Centre or Tarncroft Lanchester Road Hospital
Middlesbrough or Durham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.