An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full-time Band 6 Deputy Sister to lead our team of experienced highly skilled nurses and support workers on the regional burns and plastic surgery unit at City Hospital campus, Nottingham University Hospital NHS Trust.
An 18 bedded unit with an outpatient dressing clinic, and is a designated unit level service within the Midland Burn Operational Delivery Network.
You will be able to demonstrate clear management and leadership skills and possess a comprehensive understanding of the standards required to achieve clinical excellence.Main duties of the job
In addition to the below summary you need to familiarize yourself with full Job Description and Person Specification documents attached to this advert.
Applicants should have some experience and knowledge of the Burns / Plastic Surgery environment. It is essential you possess a minimum of two years' experience at band 5 level in an acute hospital setting and preferably in the speciality of Burns Plastic surgeryAbout us
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the largest in the UK and has the Major Trauma Centre for the East Midlands. It has one of the busiest Emergency Departments in the UK and is a major teaching Trust, NUH enjoys close links with the city's universities and attracts and develops the highest calibre of staff. It continues to be the hospital of choice for patients and remains at the forefront of research.
City campus at NUH has now recieved its Magnet status, we as a trust are keen to teach and educate our staff.
We are one trust that is split between two campus's but work well and closely together ensuring our patients recieve the correct treatment and care in the correct ward/settings.
We adhere to the trusts set 6 values and behaviours which can be found on the intranet.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
If you are motivated, enthusiastic individual with excellent communication and proven leadership skills, then contact us about this post.Person SpecificationTraining & QualificationsEssential
- Current level one NMC registration.
- Teaching and Assessing Qualification
- Evidence / Experience of Mentoring
- Evidence of an up to date appraisal (IPR)
- Up to date with all NUH Manadatory Training
- Degree in health / nursing related studies
- Evidence of Continuing Professional develoment
- Completion of all role specfic competency packages
- Evidence of Burns education ( Emergency Management of Severe Burns)
- Substantial Band 5 experience
- Supervision of non registered staff, pre registration and Newly Qualified Registered Nurses.
- Evidence of the ability to mentor
- Ability to manage the clinical area or ward efficiently and effectively in the absence of the ward manager
Communication and RelationshipEssential
- Leadership experience or ability to evidence a time when shown leadership qualities
- Physically able to perform full range of clinical duties
- Demonstatre effective written and verbal communication skills
- Produce timely and accurate written / electronic records / documents
- Can minimise interpersonal conflict and barriers to communication
Analytical and JudgementEssential
- Evidence of negotiation and influencing skills.
- Demonstration of team working and ability to work within a team
- Able to clarify/ describe your leadership qualities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the deputy sister/charge nurse role
- Able to respond to problem situations and to ensure that effective interventions are put in place
- Demonstrate an ability to assess, plan, deliver, prioritise and evaluate patient care
- Demonstrate a knowledge of current issues related to the NHS policies
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritise own workload and recognise, prioritise and respond appropriately to urgent and emergency situations
- Able to contribute to the development of implementation and monitoring of local objectives and action plans
- Demonstrate leadership skills & ability to effectively lead a team
- Demonstrate effective time and resource management skills
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritise workload of self and others
- Demonstrate an ability to supervise and support others
Requirements specific to roleEssential
- Physically able to perform the full range of nursing duties
- Caring, flexible and adaptable
- Confident, enthuisiastic and well motivated
Trust Values and BehavioursEssential
- Successful implementation and management of a nursing change process
- Evidence of formal teaching experience
- Experience of leading a team
- An understanding of the National Burn Care Standards
Employer detailsEmployer name
- demonstrate behaviours consistent with the Trust's behavioural standards / TEAN NUH
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS TrustsAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.