The Podiatric Surgery Department in Herefordshire is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Specialist Registrar in Podiatric Surgery to join our Team at Wye Valley NHS Trust. This is a permanent post for 27.5 hours a week and will require the post holder to be flexible and able to work in a variety of locations across the Trust, as the service requires.
The successful applicant will provide high quality care in both out-patient and theatre settings to the patients of WVT in the area of Podiatric Surgery as a Specialist Registrar grade. Working alongside Consultants and support more junior clinical grades appropriately.Main duties of the jobClinical Responsibilities:
Research & Audit:
- Perform joint and autonomous operating theatre lists with supervision, at the discretion of the responsible Consultant Podiatric Surgeon.
- Perform outpatient clinics seeing new and follow-up patients diagnosing problems and planning and providing treatment
- To manage the care of patients with appropriate invasive and non-invasive methods
- Order and act on Imaging investigations, pathology and clinical tests and orders
- Administer advanced local anaesthetic injections including ankle and popliteal block, and guided injections using c-arm or ultrasound.
- Attend sites peripheral to WVT footprint to treat and manage WVT patients e.g. Powys
- Cover Consultant clinics and duties when necessary
- To train and supervise the work of more junior team members
- To communicate with the patients, their relatives, family doctors, consultants from other specialities and other health and social services colleague
- Write and implement areas of research and audit
- Contribute to the national PASCOM audit database
- Comply with Trust audits such as infection rates
- Participate fully in the 10 Trust audit afternoons
- Lecture and present talks to various healthcare disciplines and conferences as requested
Wye Valley NHS Trust is a member of an NHS Foundation Group with South Warwickshire NHS FT , the George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust and Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust.
Located on the border with Wales in the shadow of the Black Mountains, we provide acute and community services across Herefordshire and into parts of Powys and run Hereford County Hospital and the community hospitals in Bromyard, Leominster and Ross-on-Wye.
Worcestershire is our neighbouring county. The post holder will be required to travel between sites.
We are a progressive and forward looking trust with ambitious plans to improve quality and integrate patient pathways through close collaborative working with our partners to deliver the quality of care we'd want for our family and friends.
More than 3,500 people work for the Trust - they tell us it's a great place to work, blending the busyness of a DGH with the benefits of working in a beautiful rural and unspoilt county like Herefordshire.
We can offer a great work-life balance and have a fine tradition of working with staff to help them achieve their full potential.
Russell Hardy, Trust Chairman: The strength of the Trust is its amazing staff a great place to work, a great place to develop your career and a great place to reach your potential. Our values -Care, Accountability, Respect and Excellence - are at the heart of all we do. We believe in providing the right care in the right place at the right time...all the time.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to attached job description and person specification for details of the job description and main responsibilities.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Fellow of the Faculty of Surgery, Royal College of Podiatrists UK
- MSc - Master of Podiatric Surgery
- MSc - Theory of Podiatric Surgery
- BSc - Podiatric Surgery
- HCPC Registered
Skills, Knowledge & AbilitiesEssential
- Independent Prescriber
- Ultrasound Diagnostics Qualification
- Proven ability to work under pressure autonomously
- Has worked as part of a large team
- High degree of dexterity
- Highly motivated and focused on their career
- Research & Audit work
- Scientific Paper writing and Publication
- Ultra-sound scanning & interpretation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Successful Completion of a recognised NHS Training Post in Podiatric Surgery
- Track record of personal development
- Track record of employment in the field of Podiatric Surgery
Wye Valley NHS TrustAddress
Podiatric Surgery Department, Vaughan Building
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.