An exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of Registered Nurse at Primrose Lodge.
This post is being advertised to address a temporary need of 12 months however the Trust has made the commitment to offer the successful applicant a permanent contract with the Trust. In the event that the need for this post ends, a suitable alternative post will be offered at the same band. Applicants should be aware that alternatives may require some flexibility on role and/or location.
Primrose Lodge is a 15 bedded mixed sex mental health rehabilitation service unit currently based in Chester le Street. The service provides care and treatment to individuals with complex mental health needs and support individuals towards their recovery goals. The services works closely with acute and community colleagues to ensure transitions into the unit or into the community are effective, patient centred and meet the needs of all coming to the Unit. You will work alongside the MDT team.
Please note, there is ongoing work to relocate Primrose Lodge to Jubilee House in Shildon. The successful post holder will be required to work at the new premise.
This post is only open to those candidates who already have their NMC registration in place and have successfully completed the preceptorship programme. Please note: Newly qualified applicants or those due to qualify will be recruited via a separate process.Main duties of the job
You will work as part of a broad multi-disciplinary team delivering high quality, patient focused care in a hospital setting, developing and implementing the integrated team approach within a supportive and enthusiastic team.
We want to support and ensure that you have a positive working experience within our services and are committed to identify and support your short and long term developmental needs through structured appraisal and access to training opportunities.
Joining our inpatient rehabilitation team you will support service users in developing their skills and independence and provide interventions that focus on recovery to enable them to live a meaningful life in the community.
As a staff nurse on the ward you will work closely with service users and their relatives/ carers as part of a multi-disciplinary team - you will lead the way as a role model within the team, demonstrating compassionate leadership through the Trust Values and Behaviours. You will be a core part of the team for the ward, supporting and developing a collective approach to leadership and the development of the ward in conjunction with the team, patients and carers.About us
We are the Mental Health & Learning Disability NHS Trust for County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire, York and Selby.
From education and prevention, to crisis and specialist care --our talented and compassionate teams work in partnership with our patients, communities and partners to help the people of our region feel safe, understood, believed in and cared for.
We nurture the recovery journey of anyone in need of our help. In Our Trust, everyone has a say in how they are supported and treated because we listen to every person in our care until they feel understood. Our patients, their families and carers work together with us towards better mental health.
We're committed to new thinking that improves the wellbeing of our region. We connect with our communities and partners to get mental health care right, in areas that really need it.
We won't rest until everyone in our region has the mental health care they need, to lead their best possible life.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be required to work rotational days and night shifts. The post holder will need to be flexible, adaptable and with the ability to work on their own initiative and be able to communicate with all agencies relevant to patient care to support patient flow.
Please refer to the attached job description for further detailed information regarding the role and main responsibilities.
Christopher Playle (clinical lead) can also be contacted for further information.
Telephone: 0191 3333711Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Current professional registration with Nursing & Midwifery Council RNMH or RNLD (RNSC - CAMHS only )
- To be recognised practice assessor / mentor or work towards in an agreed timescale
- Trained Clinical Supervisor (within 6 month probationary period)
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Evidence based knowledge of best practice in caring for patients in the designated field.
- Understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act)
- Understanding of Safeguarding and its application in practice
- Clinical Risk Assessment and Management and its application in practice Clinical Governance and its application in practice.wareness of psychological models of care and treatment.
- Confident working knowledge of clinical medicines management, including administration of injections
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Working with people with mental ill health / learning disabilities
- Working in a person centred therapeutic organisation
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Working in partnership with other agencies
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Chester Le Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.