We ae seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated nurses with experience in interventional cardiology to join our committed and friendly team. You will be working in a beautiful brand new state of the art cardiac facility where we are continuing to expand the services we offer to our patients. You will need to demonstrate leadership skills and initiative whilst providing specialist care to our patients.
Situated within a Cardiology Department we run two Cardiac Cath Labs and Daycase Units that provide highly specialist care to our patients including: Coronary Angiography, PCI (Pressure Wire & IVUS), Basic and Complex Pacing (ICD, CRT, sICD & Micra) Chronic Total Occlusion and Electrophysiology. We also deliver a 24-hour Emergency PPCI Service which you will support as part of the On-Call team.Main duties of the job
- High level of knowledge and clinical ability in all aspects of the Cath Lab environment.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, continuously building relationships with the wider multi-disciplinary team.
- Ambition and drive to help develop the service whilst maintaining excellent standards of care.
- The ability to support, supervise and assess others in their learning whilst demonstrating strong leadership skills.
- The opportunity to work within an experienced and knowledgeable Cardiology Team where you will be encouraged and supported to develop.
- Encouragement to enhance your knowledge and skills and support to attend National Conferences and training.
- Joining an established service at a time when we are rapidly expanding to meet the growing needs of our population
- Working within two brand new start of the art spacious Cath Labs and a 10-bedded day case unit.
- Your life outside HHFT is important and the Trust are happy to consider applications with flexible working patterns that cater to individual requirements this can be discussed at interview
Our vision is to provide outstanding care for every patient. Patient care is at the heart of what we do at our three sites: Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester and Andover War Memorial Hospital. Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides medical and surgical services to a population of approximately 600,000 people across Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire.
Our cultural ambition is to have a culture that places people at the heart of all we do, where we all belong, and where learning, improvement and excellence thrive.
We provide specialist services to people across the UK and internationally. We are one of only two centres in the UK treating pseudomyxoma peritonei (a rare form of abdominal cancer) and we are leaders in the field of tertiary liver cancer and colorectal cancer.
The trust employs more than 9,000 staff and has a turnover of over �500 million a year. As a Foundation Trust, we are directly accountable to our members through the governors. The Council of Governors represent the interests of their constituencies and influence the future plans of the Foundation Trust.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Happy to Talk Flexible Working - all requests for flexible and part time working will be considered.
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.Person SpecificationTraining & QualificationsEssential
- Professional UK registration e.g. NMC, HPC
- Degree level education or equivalent knowledge and skills gained through any combination of alternative study, or employment experience
- Post registration qualification(s) in field of expertise or equivalent experience
- Level 3 Certificate/Diploma in Management and Leadership, or equivalent eg NVQ 3
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Additional Post graduate learning in specialist field including master's degree or working towards
- Evidence of significant post registration clinical work experience
- Experience of staff supervision and mentorship including, employee relations, performance, conduct and training needs analysis
Skills & AbilityEssential
- Awareness of local and national agenda within the specialty.
- Clinical Skills appropriate to the relevant specialty
- Advanced communication skills including to communicate complex, sensitive or confidential information in an appropriate manner to liaise effectively to understand and disseminate multifaceted information
- Highly specialist clinical skills across the relevant specialty
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to carry out moderate to intense physical effort frequently throughout the working day and to carry out concurrent activities
- Able to support the Primary PCI On-Call Service.
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.