We are seeking clinical psychologists who are committed to improving mental health services for older people across the Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board region. We welcome applications from people with demonstratable experience of co-produced approaches to change and a commitment to an interdisciplinary approach to team working.
As CTMUHB moves into a new operating model, the directorate lead consultant clinical psychologist will be a core member of the directorate senior leadership team, taking accountability for psychologically informed care and collaboratively leading with the directorate manager, lead nurse and clinical director.
The services within this directorate include:
- Community mental health services (OPMH CMHT MAS Specialist Dementia Intervention Team day services)
- Inpatient mental health services (dementia care and acute mental health)
You will work with a committed and innovative team of psychologists and psychological therapies in that are championing psychologically informed care across the range of OPMH services, as well as improving access to psychologically therapies for older adults.
We are looking for applicants with the ability to lead whole service approaches to change, identifying gaps in provision to ensure we are improving the mental health and well-being of older people across the region.
You will be supported in your development as a senior leader and will be encouraged to access coaching and other CPD opportunities.Main duties of the job
To act as a senior leader in the directorate taking shared accountability for all aspects of the service group's agenda of work to deliver high quality care that is always improving.
To lead on allocated quality and strategic workstreams as delegated by the MH& LD Care Group Senior Leadership Team.
To hold line management responsibility for consultant clinical psychologists within the directorate and oversee the recruitment and day-to-day management of staff.
The post holder is responsible and accountable for developing and ensuring the direct delivery of a highly specialist Mental Health Psychology and Psychological Therapy Service within the directorate.
The highly specialist psychological therapeutic interventions provided within the directorate will be evidence-based and the post holderwill hold responsibility for the management and professional leadership of psychological practitioners within the scope of this job description.The post holder has overall responsibility within the directorate for clinical governance of psychology and psychological therapies in relation to improving standards of clinical practice, audit, ethics, and research for the services that they lead and manage and on a wider basis in consultation and through professional line management with the Head of Mental Health Psychology. The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve Cymraeg -
Mae Bwrdd Iechyd Prifysgol Cwm Taf Morgannwg yn rhan o deulu GIG Cymru. Mae ein Bwrdd Iechyd yn darparu gofal iechyd sylfaenol, eilaidd a chymunedol ynghyd gwasanaethau lles i tua 450,000 o bobl sy'n byw mewn tair sir: Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr, Merthur Tydful a Rhondda Cynon Taf.
Rydyn ni'n byw yn l ein gwerthoedd craidd:
- Rydyn ni'n gwrando, yn dysgu ac yn gwella
- Rydyn ni'n trin pawb pharch
- Rydyn ni i gyd yn gweithio fel un tm
Rydyn ni'n gyflogwr lleol balch mae tua 80% o'n gweithlu o 15,000 yn byw o fewn ein rhanbarth. O ganlyniad, nid enaid y sefydliad yn unig y mae ein staff yn ei gynrychioli, ond y cymunedau amrywiol rydyn ni'n eu gwasanaethu.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Hons in Psychology with eligibility for Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC)
- Post-Graduate Doctorate in clinical/counselling psychology, accredited by the HCPC (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996 as accredited by the BPS)
- HCPC registration as a Practitioner Psychologist
- Well developed highly specialist knowledge of the theory and practice of psychological models, therapies related to the needs of Psychology and Psychological Therapy
- Doctoral level knowledge of clinical/counselling psychology theory and practice, assessment, psychological therapies and their application
- Evidence of significant post qualification continued professional development as recommended by the HCPC and BPS
- Formal training in supervision of other Psychologists
- Post doctoral training in one or more additional specialist area of psychological practice
- Evidence of peer review publications or similar contributions
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Extensive and demonstrable experience of working as a HCPC registered Practitioner Psychologist
- Experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for clients psychological care and treatment within the context of a multi disciplinary care team plan
- Experience in audit and evaluation of clinical services
- Substantial leadership experience and successful track record in leading service delivery and delivery service transformation
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Ysbyty Cwm Cynon (subject to review)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.