Are you a passionate, motivated and experienced community nurse? Is your goal to support career development of clinical staff from Health Care Assistant through to Advanced Practitioner by the development of your teaching , supervising and assessment skills?
If this is you then join Central London Community Health care trust where our ambition is to offer dynamic career development opportunities for all staff, working with a supportive team to promote and facilitate practice development within our community teams.
Whether at undergraduate or post graduate level the Central London community Healthcare Academy are keen to invest in your development.
We currently have full time and part-time vacancies for Practice Development Nurses (PDN's) in the following locations Wandsworth, Merton and Harrow . You will be required to work with designated community teams in one of these areas.Main duties of the job
The Practice Development Nurse will be expected to:
- Promote high standards of care through the demonstration of clinical expertise
- Facilitate the creation of a positive learning environment in the work place where staff development is encouraged and supported
- Facilitate the induction, education and continuing professional development for all levels of registered and non-registered nursing staff within the Nursing Teams
- Work alongside staff in individual teams undertaking a key role in practice development
- Translate Academy priorities such as changes in nursing standards, new clinical roles such as Apprentriceships into their designated service
The Practice Development Nurse will work closely with the Academy team and the servcie ensuring that national and local workforce and development strategies are aligned, communicated and embedded into their designated service with the specific focus on staff development training and quality.About us
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description for full list of responsibilities Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationEssential
- To work with the Academy team and Locality Manager to identify specific training needs and plan programmes to ensure staff are competent and have the right skills to undertake their roles
- To work with the Academy team, nursing teams, CBU Manager, Divisional Director of Nursing and Therapies as an ambassador for practice development
- To support community team leaders in planning, implementing and evaluating practice changes in line with evidence and best practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Registered Nurse
- District Nursing qualification
- Educated to Masters degree level or equivalent
- Clinical Leadership training
- Evidence of continuing personal and professional development
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Soho Centre for Health and Care
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.