Are you a radiographer/healthcare science practitioner/medical physics technologist/science graduate looking to develop a career as a radiotherapy treatment planner/dosimetrist? Are you a creative thinker with excellent people skills and the ability to engage and support others in their professional development? If so we would really welcome applications to join our team of 30 + scientists, dosimetrists, engineers & technicians providing a full range of complex radiotherapy services at both, Charing Cross and Hammersmith Hospitals to a catchment population of 1.3 million in West London.
Due to maternity leave, we are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and dynamic individual who is willing to help us continually develop our practice. If you are someone who can bring fresh ideas and a passion for team working then we would love to hear from you.
This is an exciting time to join our team as we are implementing SABR for a full range of clinical sites and continuing the roll out of Raystation. Our equipment includes Aria, 5 TrueBeams, a CT scanner (about to be replaced with a Siemens OpenPro), an Xstrahl unit and an Elekta Flexitron. You will participate in the roll out of projects being undertaken by the department.Main duties of the job
A Band 5 dosimetrist in Treatment Planning should have a good knowledge of radiotherapy planning and show the potential to progress further. Experience in planning is preferable. Their primary task is to design safe and accurate radiation treatment plans that achieve desirable outcomes and promote high standards of health care for our patients. They should work well as part of a multidisciplinary team operating in a quality driven environment. They must show aptitude and enthusiasm to achieve departmental and personal goals.About us
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community.
Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We welcome discussions about flexible working and encourage a range of flexible working opportunities wherever we can.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEDUCATIONEssential
SKILLS / ABILITIESEssential
- DCR(T) or BSc in Therapy Radiography and registered with HCPC or Honours degree in a relevant subject (physics, clinical technology, radiography or engineering).
- Eligible to work towards registration as a Clinical Technologist on the Register of Clinical Technologists (RCT) or AHCS
- Treatment planning skills sufficient to produce complex conformal radiotherapy plans and supporting documentation.
- Able to take responsibility for the quality of your work.
- Education skills sufficient to train students, dosimetrist, etc.
- Organisation skills to efficiently manage personal workload
- Evidence of participation in audit or other service delivery improvements.
- Presentation skills.
- Experience of complex planning on a TPS covering a variety of treatment sites and techniques.
- Good knowledge of treatment and verification procedures in radiotherapy. Supervisory experience.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of the following Oncology/TPS: Raystation, Brainlab, Aria
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.