Specialist Primary Care Dietician - Band 6 - Sudbury Primary Care Centre
Central London Community Health are excited to announce the opportunity to employ a Band 6 Dietician within an expanding team. This exciting and challenging role offers the opportunity to join a team of GP's, Pharmacists, senior nurse clinicians, Allied Health Professionals, healthcare coordinators and care assessor, in the ongoing development of the Brent Health Matters Flagship Model for health inequalities.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive registered dietician to join our team delivering innovative dietetic services to the community.
No two days will be the same you will have patient contact, be expected to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, assessing both health and social needs through holistic problem solving and you will have the opportunity to shape the service you deliver.
The post holder will be expected to provide high-quality care, knowledge, and skills in the treatment of patients in a Primary Care setting in relation to specific diagnostic and assessment methods, to inform nutrition related queries and dietary management plans.Main duties of the job
Prospective candidates should be efficient, enthusiastic and confident to work autonomously within a supportive team and their sphere of competence. They should have excellent communication skills, as the job will involve liaising with social care, clinical and community teams as well as patients and their carers.
You will be given the opportunity to work in a range of specialist areas and for the suitable candidate, you will have the opportunity to upskill and demonstrate additional skills that will assist with the holistic assessment to improve patient outcomes.
You will have a post graduate diploma or Degree in Nutrition & Dietetics and be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council.
You will need to be flexible in your approach to work and have access to a ULEZ
compliant vehicle to travel.
Experience in a range of clinical areas of dietetics is
Please ensure that you read the Job Description, which also includes the Person Specification before applying for this post.About us
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- To support the services Senior Primary Care dietician, in providing face-to-face and virtual dietetic interventions, including appropriate dietary assessment and treatment within GP clinics, the patient's own homes (domiciliary service) or at community events held within Brent, ensuring full compliance with Covid- 19 restrictions and PPE requirements.
- To be responsible for own specialist caseload of clients who have long term conditions and/or require weight management and to maintain associated clinical records.
- To provide appropriate advice to medical practitioners on the appropriate prescribing of dietary-related medication and other requirements.
- To upskill and demonstrate a variety of basic nursing skills that may assist with the holistic assessment of a patient.
- To use specific diagnostic and assessment methods (eg anthropometric measurements, biochemistry data and dietary assessments) to inform nutrition related diagnosis and dietary management goals.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full roles and responsibilities.
- Degree or postgraduate diploma in Nutrition & Dietetics
- Health and Care Professions Council registration
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Membership of British Dietetic Association
- Member of Special Interest Group relevant to this post
- Post graduate qualification in dietetic related field (eg health promotion, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy).
- Significant post-registration experience in a range of clinical areas of dietetics
- Experience in managing patients with nutrition-related conditions such as diabetes and obesity (including patients with mental health needs or learning disabilities)
- Experience in training / teaching healthcare professionals and patients ? Experience in contributing to policy, procedures, guidelines and clinical standards developments within the service
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of providing health promotion sessions to patient groups ? Experience of working in the community setting
- Experience in supervising the work of others ? Experience of using SystmOne, RiO, EMIS Web or similar systems
- Advanced skills in the assessment and treatment of clients with nutrition related disease
- Ability to apply dietetic skills across a range of clinical conditions
- Knowledge of food habits encountered in different BME groups
- Ability to deliver presentations/education sessions to health professionals & the public
- Project management skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a professional team ? Ability to reflect and appraise own practice
- Ability to problem-solve, prioritise and demonstrate clinical reasoning
- Good communication & report writing skills, in written & verbal format
- Excellent IT skills - including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel & ability to research information using the internet
- Knowledge of and commitment to equal opportunities, including the ability to work with clients from a diverse range of backgrounds
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to communicate in a second language (in addition to English)
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
L5 Brent Health Matters
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.