This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Occupational Therapist to work within our established Rapid Therapy team in the Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire area.
This is a Fixed Term contract to cover maternity leave for 9 months from February or March 2024.
The Rapid Therapy service provides timely and appropriate care to our patients within our local community.
Our Integrated Community Services are a multi-disciplinary team, providing person-centred holistic care to patients with a wide variety of health conditions.
As a Band 6 clinician you are required to hold a clinical caseload, along with line management and support for junior staff.
Part-time and full-time hours are available.Main duties of the job
The post holder will work alongside therapists, nurses and admin staff to ensure all referrals into the Integrated Community Service are clinically triaged and an appropriate and timely response provided.
The post will involve patient-facing visits in the community and responsibility of your own patients.
The post will involve supporting junior staff and assistants and line management responsibilities for them, ensuring high standards of evidence-based clinical care,
If you are passionate about providing high quality, therapeutic care to your patients, can lead by example, are able to prioritise, deliver great quality patient care and are a great communicator then we want to hear from you.About us
Our purpose is to provide community health services to a patient population of over one million people in Derbyshire and Derby, as part of Joined Up Care Derbyshire.
We employ around 4,200 substantive staff, caring for patients in 11 community hospitals and more than 30 health centres, as well as in clinics, GP practices, schools, care homes and, increasingly, in people's own homes and via virtual consultations.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease review the Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an accountPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registration
- Evidence of CPD
- Varied clinical experience at Band 5 level, must include experience in a physical setting
Skills & ExperienceEssential
- Leadership/Management Course
- APPLE accreditation or equivalent
- Band 6 experience in a relevant clinical field
- Experience working within a community multi-disciplinary team
- Community and bedded care experience working with adults and older people
- Case management experience
- Proven clinical expertise, knowledge and experience of implementing service improvement
- Understanding of partnership working with statutory and voluntary agencies
Skills and AttributesEssential
- Mental health experience
- Clinical supervision training
- Leadership and organisational skills
- IT and administrative skills
- Previous experience leading a team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Access to transport is essential for this post, as you will be expected to travel around various areas of Derbyshire County in order to carry out required duties
Derbyshire Community Health Services NHSFTAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.