The post holder will be responsible for holding a caseload of service users and for the delivery of a variety of specialist Occupational Therapy assessments and mental health interventions. Leading on the Occupational Therapy contribution to: assessment, interventions, care planning and evaluation.
The overall purpose of the post holder is to ensure that individuals who are referred into the service have their occupational needs assessed , and interventions/recommendations are identified to meet these needs and that these are incorporated into an overall formulation of need and appropriate plan of care.
The post holder will also be expected to be available for consultation, support and clinical supervision to other health professionals working within the Community Mental Health Service and other areas of the Trust where identified as appropriate.Main duties of the job Working in an identified adult community mental health service. Delivering a high quality clinical service to patients and their families. Managing a complex caseload including care coordination and responsible for clinical and caseload supervision of other team members where identified. The post holder will be responsible for providing the occupational therapy process to a specialist clinical pathway. Delivering occupational therapy interventions, in accordance with an agreed care plan, to an identified group of people experiencing mental health related difficulties. About us
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, milage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Take responsibility for the management of a complex caseload, which includes specialist assessment (within service specification), care planning in conjunction with service user and carer, evaluation of individual treatment plans .
- Responsible for participating in the setting of quality standards, including the auditing, monitoring and reviewing of practice in line with current clinical guidance practice and policy.
- Assess patient's individual care needs, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care.
- Deliver a range of non-pharmacological interventions following specific occupational therapy assessments to enable understanding of any expression of an unmet need and to maximise an individuals abilities.
- Complete and contribute, where appropriate to robust risk assessments and risk management plans. Deliver and promote positive risk taking, where appropriate, to improve quality of life and maximise occupational performance/independence.
- Maintain an effective reporting system by observing and reporting verbally and in writing on patient condition
- Dip COT or degree in Occupational Therapy
- BAOT Registered
- Health And Care Professions Council Registered Occupational Therapist
- Member of College of Occupational Therapy
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of extensive post registration experience with working with adults experiencing mental health related difficulties
- Experience of integrating care delivery across multi-disciplinary /multi-agency teams
- Post and pre- registration experience in a range of clinical settings
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Fuller House, Hall Court
Hall Park Way
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.