Are you an experienced Palliative Care Nurse or are you working in another area of nursing but keen to develop your skills in palliative care? Working in the inpatient unit at Meadow House, experienced nurses can further develop their specialist skills as well as their managerial skills and those new to palliative care will have an opportunity to develop specialist skills in palliative nursing within a positive and challenging environment. We welcome applications from those who have worked in end of life care environments for patients with both malignant and non-malignant disease. We regret to inform you that we are unable to contact everyone who has not been shortlisted for an interview, thereforeif you do not hear from us with in 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.Main duties of the jobYou will be responsible for the assessment of patient care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of individual care programmes. There will be opportunities to undertake professional development in all areas of specialist palliative care.About us
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationQualified NurseEssential Desirable
- Experience in End of life care/Symptom management
- Excellent communication skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Has attended Advance communication skill training
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Meadow House Hospice Inpatient Unit
Ealing, Uxbridge Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.