Jenner Ward is a 35 bedded Cardiology Ward that is committed to providing high quality and timely care to all cardiac patients.
The ward is comprised of a 10 bedded Chest Pain Assessment Unit which has 8 cardiac monitors and is designed to enhance the smooth flow of patients requiring cardiac procedures such as angiograms and angioplasties. The unit has a high turnover of patients and is supported by the Cardiology Medical Team and the Cardiac Nurse Navigators.Main duties of the job
There is also an 8 bedded heart failure unit which admits patients who have decompensated and require intense offloading and fluid management, this unit is also supported by the heart failure nurses.
The other 17 beds are general cardiology beds that provide high quality care to patients who require cardiac investigations and/or care who either do not require cardiac monitoring or are able to be monitored on telemetry. This includes patients who have been transferred back from Tertiary Centres post Cardiac Surgery for further rehabilitation, patients with arrhythmias or general cardiology care.
The ward also works very closely with the Coronary Care Unit as it is co-located within the geography of the ward to ensure that patients are cared for in the correct environment for their clinical requirements.
The ward works very closely with the cardiac catheter suite where patients undergo the following procedures: -
- Temporary pacing wires
- Pacemaker Box change
- Bi Ventricular Pacing
- Bi Ventricular Box change
- Reveal device insertion
- R+L Heart Catheterisation
- DC Cardioversion
- Pericardial drain
It also works alongside the cardiology outpatients which is co-located on the 9th floor where patients can undergo a plethora of non-invasive investigations.About us
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person SpecificationPerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Demonstrate competence in basic clinical skills and application.
- Experience patient care management
- Evidence of knowledge of professional issues.
- Interest in Cardiology.
- Educated to diploma level or desire to do so.
- Current registered nurse with NMC
Skills and attributesEssential
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work across a multi-professional team.
- Committed to providing the highest quality of care.
- Reliable work record.
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Northwick Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.