We are currently looking to recruit motivated, dynamic, forward thinking and enthusiastic Anaesthetic & Recovery Nurse and Operating Department Practitioners to join our rapidly growing theatre teams at Royal Preston Hospital. We are looking for pro-active individuals to be part of our integral theatre team to assist in implementing, maintaining and delivering world class patient care in theatres.
You will be responsible for the delivery and co-ordination of care, through appropriate professional practice and assist in setting, monitoring and maintaining standards of care to improve the patient experience and outcome of care.
You will act as a role model, presenting a positive image of self, team and the organisation and promote equality in care and practice by recognising, respecting and meeting the needs and choices of individuals You must have the anaesthetic course or ODP qualification.Main duties of the job
You must have excellent communication skills and be able to work independently but linking in very closely with the operating team as well as manging a demanding workload.
Working at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals will give you the opportunity to work in a large theatre directorate consisting of 32 theatres covering a wide range of skills across both sites in Robotic surgery, urology, colorectal, extensive orthopaedic surgery, major head & neck, complex vascular, plastics, ENT & OMF, Upper GI, colorectal, neurosurgery, Breast, Obstetrics, Gynaecology including benign and oncology work as well as emergency and trauma. Given the wealth of specialties we cover you will be required to work as part of a 24hr unit participating in twilights, weekend working and night duty.About us
We have 10,000 fantastic people working hard to deliver quality services to our patients. Whatever your role, you help look after 370,000 people in our local area & give specialist care to 1.5 million people across Lancashire & Cumbria.
Working with us gives you the knowledge and sense of pride that every activity you do genuinely does make a difference to support our patients & staff, ensuring we keep thriving & delivering outstanding healthcare right across our local towns.
These are exciting times ahead for theatres here at Lancashire Teaching Hospitals as we are committed to service development within theatres offering staff the opportunity to share ideas and look at new ways of working through our staff voices forum.
Our vision for theatres is to deliver first class peri-operative care for every patient. In return our commitment to you is to offer support, development and opportunities in an inclusive environment. Therefore we will offer you:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Great learning opportunities to enable all staff to fulfil their potential
- post-qualification development opportunities including ALS/ILS/PILS, ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills
- A fully supported induction programme with a named mentor
- Ongoing support from theatre clinical education team
- Salary sacrifice scheme - childcare, electronics and cars
- A generous annual leave provision
- NHS pension
- Annual appraisal and personal development plans
Person SpecificationQualifications & EducationEssential
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet patients needs in accordance with agreed local/national standards and evidence based guidelines.
- Develop and continually update clinical skills in line with Local and National standards and recommendations for practice.
- Demonstrate competent practice in the role of Anaesthetic and Recovery Practitioner by achieving a national recognised qualification (ODP, Anaesthetic)
- Adheres to policies and procedures and adapts to evidence based changes to practice
- Maintain basic scrub skills for ODP
- Act as a patient safety champion maintaining a safety focus
- Ensure compliance with the Trust safety agenda, actively promoting best practice
- Ensures environment is safe, well equipped and compliant with standards for hygiene and cleanliness.
- Proactively manage risk and maintain patient safety, conforming to health, safety and security legislation, policies, procedures and guideline
- Communicate all relevant information to the multidisciplinary team internally and with external organisations as required, to ensure seamless car
- Participate in own continual professional development and that of junior staff and students within the department.
- Create a positive learning environment, offering support and guidance to all learners within the department.
- Coordinate student learning opportunities and provide pastoral support.
- Maintain and develop own professional competence and seek to extend the scope of personal knowledge and skills within scope of role and professional practice
- oRegistered nurse / ODP with current NMC/ HCPC registration
- oPost registration Anaesthetic course if not an ODP
- oEvidence of CPD ( experienced band 5 's)
- oBasic IT skills
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- oIV drug administration
- oVenepuncture and cannulation
- oNMC Recognised mentorship qualification or willingness to working towards within 18 months
- oTransfer course
- oExperience within the anaesthetic practitioner role
- oKnowledge of policies and procedures relevant to practice
- oAwareness of current issues in practice
- oWillingness to expand clinical role
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- oKnowledge of Quadramed and evolve
- oKnowledge of ethical issues
Desirable Values & BehavioursEssential
- oExcellent communication skills
- oExcellent organisational skills
- oAbility to obtain and evaluate information to aid decision making
- oAbility to prioritise workload
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oCommitted to CPD of self and others
- oCaring and compassionate
- oSelf-motivated with the ability to motivate others
- oExcellent team worker
- oAbility to work on own initiative.
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Preston Hospital
Sharoe Green Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.