Do you have a passion for shared decision making? Are you looking to support continued improvement through our Accredited Clinical Environment programme? We are excited to offer this development opportunity to further develop our Nursing Accreditation Process and to embed Shared Decision Making in our ward, outpatient and hospital teams.
You will be an enthusiastic clinical expert, who has an eye for detail, able to support environments to achieve Gold accreditation. You will be able to assess and audit areas, and provide constructive feedback and facilitated support to enable ongoing improvements. In addition, you will support environments to understand the principles of Shared Decision Making and facilitate the ongoing development of using this approach to enable improvement.Main duties of the job
To engage teams in gap analyses against the 'Pathway' standards (Shared Decision Making, Leadership, Safety, Quality, Well-being and Professional Development) and support the development of local improvement plans
Support teams to develop a model of Shared Governance and Shared Decision-Making and identify training and development needs of individuals members in undertaking roles e.g. Chair, Co-Chair
As part of the accreditation team, audit and assess in line with the Accredited Clinical Environment programme, providing feedback, reports and ongoing support.About us
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is the largest employer in the county and with over 8,000 staff, we are one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK. We offer a generous annual leave allowance, excellent bank rates, access to the excellent NHS Pension Scheme, discounts for local shops, restaurants and services, access to our health and well-being hub, access to our two on-site nurseries, flexible working options, discounted public transport, reward and recognition schemes, exercise and activity classes and membership to our popular hospital choir.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification for more information on the main responsibilities for this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Active registration with a recognised professional body. (NMC, AHPF)
- Evidence of on-going professional development
- Detailed understanding of principles of Shared Decision Making
- Active member/ leadership role within a shared decision-making council
- Experience of supporting staff in the workplace in a facilitatory role
- Awareness of accreditation processes
- Ability to coach staff and remain impartial in challenging situations
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies/protocols/guidelines relevant to area of practice.
- Demonstrates an ability to keep up to date with professional issues that influence nursing practice relating to area of clinical practice, management, education and research.
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.