We are looking for a Band 6 Safeguarding Professional to join the Safeguarding Team at Dorset County Hospital Foundation Trust
You will provide safeguarding adults, mental capacity and children advice and support to staff across the Trust as part of the Safeguarding Team.
As part of your role, you will also provide safeguarding supervision and assist in training provision when required. You will be an essential, core member of the Trust safeguarding service, supported by senior leads, Named professionals and the Safeguarding Manager.
You will receive a full and robust induction programme based on your individual needs and will be supported with relevant training as identified during your time in post.Main duties of the job
We provide advice, support and supervision to Dorset County Hospital Foundation Trust colleagues across the acute sector and some community based services . As part of the team, you will be responding to safeguarding concerns, providing consultation and working alongside both trust colleagues and other agencies to safeguard our service users from abuse or harm.
The role will encompass work with both Safeguarding Adults and Children and a commitment to the 'Think Family' and 'making safeguarding personal' approach.About us
Dorset County Hospitals safeguarding team are excited to offer this generic role , which will enable the post holder to develop their `whole family ` safeguarding skills, in a established integrated team .Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be a dedicated healthcare professional or equivalent(e.g. nurse, social worker, allied health professional, police officer or teacher)
To fulfil the desired skill-mix within the team we are looking for applicants with a background of working either within adult services & or children's services as well as an ability to show a knowledge of safeguarding legal frameworks including policies and procedures. The successful candidate will be supported in their professional development and competency in dealing with enquiries across the lifespanPerson SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAININGEssential
- Registered Nurse / Midwife / AHP / Social Worker.
- Teaching qualification / or experience of teaching
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCEEssential
- Degree in healthcare / social care or working towards
- Evidence of continuing professional evidence-based practice
- Evidence of continuing professional development
SKILLS & ABILITIESEssential
- Minimum of 18 months post registration experience
- Evidence of involvement in relevant safeguarding activity
- Experience of managing resources
- Experience of working with people with mental health concerns
- Experience of applying the Mental Capacity Act
- Evidence of continued learning
- Experience of auditing
- Knowledge of the legal and statutory legalisation for safeguarding
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of undertaking role working with children, young people and families
- Detailed and thorough knowledge of current safeguarding legislation and guidelines.
- Knowledge of quality, standard setting and audit
- Demonstrable understanding of National and Local health strategies
- Proven people management skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage change.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, recognising when recourse to seniors is appropriate.
- Good time management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise clinical workload according to need and make decisions accordingly
- Articulate with advanced written and verbal communication skills and ability to write reports suitable for presentation to various audiences.
- Sound IT skills (including email and office packages)
- Able to teach and ability to lone work
- Able to give safeguarding supervision
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Dorchester County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.