This role will work alongside the existing Epilepsy Specialist Nurse to provide expert support to children and the families of children with Epilepsy and complex needs. In particular, the post holder will focus on delivering an integrated and joined up provision for those with learning disabilities, neurodiversity, mental health and wellbeing needs.
Due to the nature of this role, we require candidates who apply to have current right to work in the UK. We value and encourage all international applications to please apply to work with our trust to do so via our international nursing campaign. Please follow the link below.You can get in touch athttps://www.medacs.comMain duties of the job
- To act as a key worker to provide specialist knowledge, care and support to patients within the speciality.
- To liaise regularly with and have direct communication with other team members or epilepsy nurse specialists involved with their patients care.
- To provide individualised and holistic care, according to the changing needs of patients through the use of holistic needs assessment and care planning.
- To provide specialised advice and support to patients and families / carers of patients with epilepsy and complex needs.
At the RUH we're proud to put people at the heart of what we do, working together as one team to make a difference for our patients, each other, and our community. No matter what your role is, we value everyone's contribution in supporting the exceptional, person-centred care we pride ourselves on.
We are committed to creating a compassionate and inclusive environment. This can be seen in our growing community of staff networks - celebrating successes and creating opportunities to listen and learn. We value our differences, champion kindness and civility, and truly believe that diversity makes us stronger.
A culture of learning, developing and innovating is the thread that runs throughout our whole organisation. We want to support you to thrive, taking your career to its full potential.
We value staff wellbeing, with a well-established programme of support. We believe in a holistic approach spanning all aspects of living a healthy life, including physical, emotional, spiritual and financial wellbeing. We've even got a pool!
We are committed to supporting you and hope you want to join our team. In the meantime, find out more about living and working the beautiful historic city of Bath, learn about our extensive package of staff benefits, and read about how we're providing healthcare fit for the future with the landmark Dyson Cancer Centre and our passion for research.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please find attached to the vacancy a detailed person specification and job description for further information about this role.
Due to the nature of this role, we require candidates who apply to have current right to work in the UK. We value and encourage all international applications to please apply to work with our trust to do so via our international nursing campaign. Please follow the link below.You can get in touch athttps://www.medacs.comPerson SpecificationQuaifications & TrainingEssential
- First level nursing registration (Child or MH) and appropriate post qualification experience.
- First level degree in related subject or relevant experience.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Masters level qualification or willingness to undertake.
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Advanced Communication Skills qualification.
- Post registration qualification appropriate to speciality
- Post registration experience at Band 6 or above relevant to this post.
- Evidence of highly skilled clinical practice.
- Knowledge of Epilepsy & associated Mental Health disorders
- Previous experience of working of autonomous working and managing own caseload.
- Proven ability to lead change
- Ability to develop new ways of working.
- Ability to deal with complex clinical scenarios.
- Values and respects others, treats everyone as an individual, is non-judgemental.
- Motivated to make a difference in whatever way they can
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective, advanced Communication
- Ability to work autonomously and also as part of a team
- Evidence of a commitment to professional development and education
- Evidence of experience in developing guidelines, policy or pathways
- Demonstrates an ability to undertake and participate in audit and quality improvement.
Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal United Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.