we are looking to recruit a Team Manager who is a highly motivated and skilled individual to provide operational management to the Learning Disability Teams across County Durham and Darlington
The Team Manager role covers both North Durham (including Easington) and South Durham (including Darlington). There is an expectation that the successful candidate will travel between the teams as required.
The post holder can have a work base in either North End House in Durham City or Ackley Centre in Newton Aycliffe, this will be discussed further at interview.Main duties of the job
It is an exciting time to join the CAMHS LD team as the successful candidate will be key in maintaining service delivery and working collaboratively with children, young people and their families, and partner agencies to ensure that we meet the needs of the young people within the County Durham and Darlington locality. They will work closely with the other CAMHS learning disability services across the locality.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the training, supervision and professional development of the teams. In addition, they will ensure that effective partnership work is maintained and enhanced across the locality.About us
The team members are the main asset to the CAMHS LD Team and have a common interest in living the Trust values, are professional and compassionate in supporting children, young people and their parent/carers and each other with a strong emphasis on wellbeing and 'can do' culture.
Management and peer supervision are regularly available and through the appraisal process are keen to invest in professional development.
In this role, you will require experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team and demonstrate an ability to support day-to-day management of a highly functioning and often challenging service. Therefore, experience of working within learning disability and/or mental health services and a current relevant professional registration is essential. Previous leadership or managerial experience would be preferred however we would be willing to consider those seeking an opportunity to develop leadership and managerial skills within this area.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please review the attached job description for the essential role criteria and responsibilities. Please do contact us if you would like to arrange an informal visit or to discuss the role in more detail prior application or interview.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current professional registration with appropriate body in healthcare or social work
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Certificate in teaching & assessing in clinical practice as appropriate to own profession
- Clinical Supervisor
- Recognised sign-off mentor (or equivalent)
- Post-graduate diploma in a relevant area.
- Leadership or management qualification or willingness to work towards. Qualification must be achieved within agreed timescale
- Quality Improvement Systems for Leaders or willing to undertake within agreed timescale
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Experience working within MH/LD services
- Leadership or management experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Working collaboratively with CYP and families/ other stakeholders
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.