****PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY****
This is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Healthcare Professional to join the Clinical Education Team. We support the Education Strategy for the Trust in providing high quality education in order to empower a skilled workforce who will provide safe care for our patients.
As part of our team, you would work across the Aintree, Broadgreen and Royal sites teaching a combination of clinical skills such as venepuncture, cannulation and resuscitation.Main duties of the job
The successful post holder will assist the Senior Clinical Educators in providing Trust-wide clinical training within Resuscitation, Simulation and Clinical Skills to a variety of staff including nurses, AHPS and medical students.
They will lead on the delivery of basic clinical skills and resuscitation training, occasionally assisting the Senior Educators with the preparation and delivery of more advanced courses under direct supervision.About us
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click here https://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf Follow us on Social Media: Facebook - Liverpool University Hospitals Careers Instagram - @LUHFTcareers Twitter - @LUHFTcareersJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will be part of the Clinical Education Team based across LUFHTs educational establishment. The primary role will be to deliver the routine elements of clinical education including basic life support resuscitation courses, simple clinical skills training such as Venepuncture and Cannulation or HCA programmes and occasionally facilitating simulation.
The post holder will provide support across the educational pathway including Medical Education and the Practice Placement Facilitators.
Assist the Senior Educators to deliver new and innovative educational initiatives such as the Care Certificate and Preceptorship programme.
Delivering training in clinical practice, ensuring that training is accessible to Ward staff that may not be able to attend face to face training.
Assisting the Senior Educators with basic auditing or audit data input where applicable.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Primary Clinical Qualification eg RGN or AHCP and relevant experience
- Evidence of having previously held a post as a registered practitioner
- Evidence of having studied or be willing to study in Clinical Education or other suitable qualifications i.e. Mentorship
- Experience of having practiced basic clinical skills in a clinical environment such as venepuncture and catheterisation
- Understand the 6 Cs of basic Nursing Care
- Basic knowledge of governance and its relevance to clinical practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and build effective relationships.
- Ability to teach and facilitate in a variety of settings with both large and small multidisciplinary groups.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work flexibility
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with people from a wide range of personal and professional backgrounds.
- Committed to providing a high quality clinical education service.
- Ability to work well in a small team, with good interpersonal skills and supportive attitude to colleagues well-being
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Liverpool University Hospital Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.