THEATRES, ANAESTHETICS, CRITICAL CARE AND PAIN DIRECTORATE BAND 6 THEATRE TEAM LEADER - ANAESTHETICS & RECOVERY 2 POSTS - FULL TIME 37.5 HOURS
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Operating Theatres for two full-time Theatre Team Leaders for the Anaesthetics & Recovery area.
The successful candidate must be registered with the Nursing Midwifery Council/Health Care Professions Council and have substantial theatre experience at Band 5 level with a recognised UK Anaesthetic qualification. Experience in Anaesthetics & Recovery, in-depth knowledge & understanding of surgical techniques & associated equipment is also essential.
It is essential that candidates have evidence of providing support and training to students and other staff and of regular study since qualification.
We expect all of our staff to demonstrate the Trust values of Care, Respect and Responsibility.
Our Trust empowers its employees to be involved in service innovation and change as well as achieving their personal goals and aspirations.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for the daily management of the allocated team. This will include organisation of unit activities, management of staff and resources. and the responsibility as follows:
- Proactively coordinate the Anaesthetic & Recovery services in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team in order to create a continuous patient pathway, both in and out of routine operating hours to include on calls. He/she will be expected to enthusiastically, embrace operating challenges and enhance and improve the quality and standard of care delivered to patients.
- Support the Speciality Manager, Theatre Manager, Deputy Matron and Matron for Theatres, Anaesthetics, Critical Care and Pain, in developing and monitoring services and the quality of care experienced by patients.
At the Dudley Group our patients and staff are at the heart of all that we do and that is to provide a world class service that aligns with our vision of excellent health care, improved health for all. We are seeking to recruit staff who share our vision and values of making Dudley Group an incredible workplace.
We are committed to becoming a diverse and an inclusive employer and where people feel sense of belonging. Seeking to expand diversity within our teams, we positively encourage applications from under-represented groups such as ethnically diverse, disabled and LGBTQ+ groups. We are also under-represented in-terms of gender within nursing roles and we would welcome applications from people from male and non-binary backgrounds.
The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust recognises the values and transferable skills that the Armed Forces community bring and recognise their compatibility with NHS roles.
We are committed to home life balance through flexible working and making reasonable adjustments where possible.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to the attached job description for full details of the main duties and responsibilities that the post holder is required to undertake.Person SpecificationQualifications & EducationEssential
- Registration with the NMC or HCPC
- Recognised UK Anaesthetic qualification
- Evidence of providing support and training to students and other staff
- Evidence of professional development and regular study since qualification
- Evidence of undertaking a recognised course of study in teaching and assessing
- Educated to diploma level or can demonstrate evidence of study at this level
- Recognised qualification in management
- Substantial theatre experience and development since qualificaton at Band 5 level
- Relevant and substantial Anaesthetic & Recovery experience
- Experience of a wide range of specialities, demonstrating in-depth knowledge and understanding
- Experience of regularly managing a team of staff and other resources in the acute setting
- Experience of close liaison with members of multidisciplinary team
- Experience of having developed team working skills
- Developed and implemented safe systems of work to ensure health and safety of staff, patient and visitors
- Computer literate
- Experience of supporting change
- Previous experience in a multi-skilled role
Communication & Relationship SkillsEssential
- Skilled practitioner who can act as a role model
- Honest and trustworthy
- Able to cope with distressing or emotional circumstances
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Demonstrates respect for patient dignity
- Flexibility with unpredictable work patterns and changing circumstances, and to support other specialities
- Able to support the 24/7 operation of theatres, including on-call/standby
- Commitment to evidence based practice
- Keen to develop own skills and develop perioperative practice
Knowledge & TrainingEssential
- Ability to demonstrate negotiating and influencing skills
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills to meet challenging situations
- Ability to work within a team and develop others
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Team Player
- Strong commitment to high standards of patient care
- Sound knowledge of advances in practice surrounding anaesthesia techniques/equipment and also in the post anaesthetic care unit
- A good understanding of current patient safety and safe surgery practice guidelines
- Knowledge of current clinical development, evidence based practices and professional issues affecting perioperative practice
Analytical & Judgement SkillsEssential
- Previous training in a multi-skilled role
- Knowledge of clinical audit and effectiveness systems
- Understanding of effective leadership theory and practice
Planning & Organisational SkillsEssential
- Effective leadership skills
- Ability to articulate the principles of safeguarding and mental capacity
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Organised approach to work
The Dudley Group NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Russells Hall Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.