An opportunity has arisen on our 24 bedded paediatric ward and we are looking to recruit a registered nurse to join our friendly team. We are open to part time and full time hours.
Our exceptional service provides care from 0-18 years including a high dependency area.
In addition we also support those with long term conditions going through transition into adult service.
Adjacent to the ward is a small but busy outpatient department which has a diverse cohesive team, including paediatric nurses specialising in oncology, cystic fibrosis, compass and diabetes.Main duties of the job
- To provide effective care on a daily basis for babies, Children & Young People (CYP) 0-18 years of age with a wide variety of acute & chronic physical and mental health problems including 'End of Life' care.
- Experienced Band 5 post holders will also provide effective clinical and managerial leadership of a team in the absence of more senior colleagues, which empowers staff to deliver patient-centred, evidenced based nursing care
- Establish use of systems that are in place on the Unit for a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care delivery which builds on the philosophy of greater involvement of patients and their parents/carer's and families by using the Trust's patient and public involvement strategy.
Yeovil District Hospital is now part of Somerset NHS Foundation Trust. As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression, and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a full list of duties and responsibilities, please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RSCN/RN Child
- Diploma/working or willing to work towards degree level
- Willingness to undertake training and develop competencies in the specialist skills of the Unit
- Speciality course or competencies in clinical skills Oncology, High Dependency Orthopaedic
- Supervisor/ assessor qualification/training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of supervisory and mentoring skills
- Able to lead and work within a team
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Yeovil District Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.