An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Paediatric Dietetic Team. The role will primarily involve acute dietetic care to the Children's ward at Darent Valley Hospital (DVH) and outpatient clinics at both DVH and Queen Mary's Hospital covering a variety of clinical conditions, for example weight management, faltering growth, allergy, feeding difficulties and special needs requiring nutritional support. Working alongside 5 experienced paediatric dietitians, you will also be involved in providing training programmes for the multi-disciplinary team across the acute and community settings.
You will be part of the wider Nutrition & Dietetics Department, which currently has 27 Dietitians, 5 Dietetic Support Workers, 2 Specialist Nurses and good secretarial support
We provide a comprehensive and seamless nutrition and dietetic service across acute and community settings in Dartford , Gravesham & Swanley (with an outpatient dietetic service at Queen Mary's Hospital).
We are committed to staff training and continuous professional development, providing in-house and external courses and training opportunities.Main duties of the job
Provide a high quality dietetic service to paediatric in-patients and out-patients planning and prioritising workload, as part of a flexible paediatric dietetic team responding to service demands.
Be responsible for hospital paediatric dietetic clinics covering a variety of clinical conditions, for example weight management, faltering growth, allergy, feeding difficulties and special needs requiring nutritional support.
Be a specialist dietitian within your clinical area contributing to ward rounds, multi-disciplinary team meetings and case conferences.
Undertake nutritional assessments (using a nutritional analysis programme where necessary) of paediatric patients analysing and interpreting these to formulate individualised nutritional care plans.
Monitor and assess nutritional care plans against outcome measures and adjust care plans to facilitate achievement of goals.
Provide informative written reports to referrers and for meetings such as care co-ordination or child protection on treatment plans and progress of individual patients.
Accurately record all assessments and interventions in medical, nursing and dietetic notes in line with Trust and departmental policy.About us
The Trust is rated as 'Good' by the Care Quality Commission's (CQC) for being effective, caring, responsive and well-led. The Managers across the Trust promoted a positive culture that supported and valued staff and created a sense of common purpose based on shared values.
Essential to our success are our staff, they are our most valuable asset. We are committed to making staff feel appreciated, supported and involved. Our vision is to ensure that our Trust is an outstanding place to work providing the very best care for our patients. Everything we do is guided by our core values and behaviours.
Dartford & Gravesham is one of the largest NHS Trusts in North Kent, with services at Darent Valley Hospital, Queen Mary's and Erith and District Hospitals, for a local population of over 500,000 people. This, combined with our close association with Guy & St Thomas' gives staff wishing to develop their skills further opportunity to work across many different specialities.
The Trust has a strong commitment to equality and diversity. We aim to employ a representative workforce that reflects the communities we serve. 'Positive action' initiatives can be used whenever an under-represented group is identified. As our workforce is currently under-represented in bands 6, 7 and 8, we encourage applications from people with black or minority ethnic backgroudJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to job description and person specification, which can be found on the Trust recruitment page.Person SpecificationEDUCATION AND TRAININGEssential
- Honours Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or post graduate diploma or equivalent qualification
- Registered Dietitian by HPC (Health Professional Council
- Evidence of continuous professional development /relevant post graduate education
- Working towards BDA Professional Development Award or MSc in Advanced Dietetic Practice
- Post-registration course in Paediatric dietetics
- Ability to work as part of a team plus independently
- Good interpersonal skills and IT skills
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written, with ability to communicate complex and/or highly sensitive information
- Able to teach effectively
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Awareness of developments in the NHS
- Knowledge and experience in working with different cultures and religious beliefs
- Substantial experience as a Registered Dietitian including a wide variety of clinical conditions
- Experience of paediatric dietetics and an interest to develop skills and knowledge in this area
- Experience of MDT working
- Evidence of awareness for need for professional development & responsibility
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of student training
Dartford and Gravesham NHS TrustAddress
Darent Valley Hospital
Darenth Wood Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.