An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a well-established Finance team. The successful candidate will be CCAB qualified or have demonstrable experience at a senior level in a similar environment . With strong technical accounting skills, a strong communicator, being pro-active and comfortable with working with a wide range of people, from finance and non-finance backgrounds.
The post holder will report to the Senior Finance Business Partner and is responsible for the day-to-day management of finance issues relating to a clinical Division within the Trust and involved with technical financial management information, budget setting and report writing.
The management accounts team currently operate a hybrid working arrangement, with the opportunity to work up to two days per week at home.Main duties of the job
To assist the Senior Finance Business Partner to provide high quality financial advice and support to a number of designated divisions (both clinical and non-clinical) in line with the Trust organisational structure and as such become a key member of the divisional team.
To be responsible for the preparation of the annual Financial Plan for designated areas and for monitoring, correcting, forecasting and formally reporting on the financial performance of those areas.
To influence the operational policies of the designated areas in order to optimise performance and efficiency.
To work with the Senior Finance Business Partner in the production of financial information contained within the division's annual Business Plan and the financial information provided in support of the production of business cases, cost pressure, service development and activity bids from the division.
To ensure that the divisions' decision making and financial activities comply with Standing Financial Instructions, Standing Orders, Schemes of Delegation and best practice.
To provide day to day supervision, leadership and guidance to more junior finance team colleagues.About us
At Dorset County Hospital FT, we pride ourselves on the care we provide for our patients, and on the culture, we are creating for our staff. We work hard to create a fair, inclusive environment for our staff. Our Mission is to provide outstanding care for people in ways which matter to them, and our vision is Dorset County Hospital, working with our health and social care partners, will be at the heart of improving the well-being of our communities. We are a Trust that celebrates diversity, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome applications from people in all under-represented groups.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details of the role.Person SpecificationEducation, Qualifications & TrainingEssential
- Professional Qualication (CCAB) in accountancy (CIMA, ACA, CIPFA, ACCA) or demonstrable experience at a senior level in a similar environment.
- Education to post graduate degree level or equivalent
- Recent and significant experience working within a complex organisation, in a finance environment at a senior level
- Working with a computerised general ledger and budgetary reporting system
- Experience of setting up and maintaining complex monitoring and modelling systems
Skills, Abilities and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of staff management
- Ability to demonstrate excellent and effective communication skills both within and across teams
- Team working skills
- Ability to perform complex numeric calculations and evidence of good analytical skills
- Ability to produce accurate information within tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate information to divisional management team members and manager from a non-financial background
- Evidence of supporting significant cost or income improvement programmes
- Ability to use own initiative and demonstrate delegation skills
- IT Skills including Excell and financial ledger systems
- Well developed negotiation and influencing skills
- Knowledge of strategic policies within the health economy
Employer detailsEmployer name
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.