The Systems and Delivery team, a function of the Health Informatics Department, have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Senior Systems Support Analyst to join the team and help contribute to the support and administration of new and existing systems within our Trust.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will meet the criteria published within the Job Description and Personal Specification and ideally have demonstrable experience within a system support environment with a drive for continued professional development. They will be customer focused, pro-active, possess strong communication skills, confident IT skills and a strong work ethic. They will have the opportunity to work with a diverse team, committed to working together in supporting our clinical services.About us
If you are being interviewed you must accept an interview slot in the system to continue, even if you have arranged with the manager
You must be able to produce ALL
certificates stated essential in the person specification or you will not be able to complete pre-employment checks
We provide hospital services from two acute sites - Darlington Memorial Hospital and University Hospital of North Durham. We have a centre for planned care in Bishop Auckland and provide care from community hospitals in Chester-le-Street, Shotley Bridge, Barnard Castle, Sedgefield and Weardale as well as over 80 other community based settings and providing care in patients' homes.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as BAME and disabled people are currently under-represented
We are unable to offer sponsorship for roles that do not require a professional registration, to apply you must have Right to Work in the United Kingdom. If you are in the UK on a VISA please ensure you have no restrictions that would prevent you from taking this post
Full Job Descriptions can be found in the adverts supporting documentsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder is a Senior IM& T support analyst whose role is to implement, maintain, and provide user support and front line system administration technical support for Trust systems.
The post holder will provide direct advice and guidance to users and departments on the use of systems, convey technical and operational requirements to meet user needs.
The post holder will report directly to a Systems Manager and work in close association with the team of Senior Systems Support Analysts and Systems Support Analysts.
Provide coaching, training and support to managers and system users in the appropriate use of computer based systems.
Supports the development of solutions ensuring business processes are efficient and high data quality is maintained.
The post holder will ensure that users receive the best possible service in terms of data quality, system availability, technical and operational support.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in computer science or related discipline
- and/or substantial experience in a technical support environment with evidence of continued professional development.
- Training and experience of data analysis
- Experience of maintaining and supporting computer systems
- Use of Microsoft Office Suite
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- Substantial experience in a technical role
- Proven experience in the development of computer based solutions
- Experience with computer systems and software to allow configuration changes to be managed through thorough controlled procedures and testing
- Experience of dealing with systematic and process issues, analysing complex data to report back to both technical and non-technical staff root cause. Proven track record in successful customer and user issue resolution.
Special Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of health care environments
- Systems development environments
- In-depth experience of working in an IT support roll.
- Demonstrable skills in the use of software and software development tools.
- A sound working knowledge and understanding of computer based systems.
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques and tools.
- Ability to analyse data from different sources and correlate discrepancies and outputs
- Ability to communicate highly complex, sensitive, contentious information where there may be barriers to overcome
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also under own initiative.
- Close attention to detail.
- High level of numeracy, literacy and computer literacy.
- Planning, prioritisation and organisational skills to deal with a broad range of complex on-going activities.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate complex technical information to both specialists and non-specialists in writing, over the telephone and at meetings.
- Able to relate well to staff at all levels.
- Ability to cope with unpredictable work patterns where there are frequent interruptions.
- Ability to make judgements involving complex information which requires the analysis and comparison of a range of options.
- Ability to manage small IM& T projects and technical implementations.
- Ability to assist with project planning and implementation.
- Ability to train other users & IT staff on new and existing technologies.
- Must be customer focused.
- Standard keyboard skills.
- Understanding of the application of modern IT solutions.
- An understanding of sharing patient records and Spine functionality would be beneficial.
- Demonstrable skills in Structured Query Language(s) SQL
- Understanding of clinical processes
- Project Management qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to travel across Trust sites to meet the requirements of the post
County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Centre For Health
Whitehouse Business Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.