Come and work with the APTUK award nominated Pharmacy Technician Team of the Year 2023. At EKHUFT we pride ourselves on progression and innovation, as one of the first Trusts to embrace accuracy checking for Senior Pharmacy Assistants.
A challenging and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced manager or Pharmacy Technician looking to develop their supervisory and management skills within the Pharmacy operational teams at East Kent University foundation Trust.Main duties of the job
Working closely with the Dispensary Managers ,the post holder will support and facilitate the implementation of planned organisational changes in our Dispensary at the Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital in Margate. Training will be given to manage dispensary activities such as repeat dispensing and the over labelling of medicines to facilitate rapid patient discharge.About us
We are one of the largest hospital trusts in England, with five hospitals and community clinics serving a local population of around 695,000 people.
Our vision is 'great healthcare from great people'. Everything we do is guided by our values: 'People feel cared for, safe, respected and confident that we are making a difference'.
We have a new way of working at East Kent Hospitals, called 'We care'. It's about empowering frontline staff to lead improvements day-to-day. We're looking for compassionate people to be part of our improvement journey for the patients, families and carers we care for every day.
NHSEI have always been clear that staff have a professional duty to get vaccinated and it remains our best line of defence against COVID-19. As such NHS organisation including Primary Care, are encouraged to continue engaging with and supporting their staff to inform their decisions in order to drive vaccine confidence, protect themselves, patients, and everyone else. NHSEI has produced COVID-19 vaccine communication materials. Applications for this role should be written by the applicant. If artificial intelligence (AI) programmes are used then the application may be rejected due to this document being an important part of the assessment process. This does not prevent applicants seeking appropriate support with applications should they need to for the purposes of any declared disability.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please scroll down to access the full Job Description and Person Specification located in 'supporting documents'.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Minimum three years leadership/management experience
- Experience in a hospital dispensary environment
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent organisational and coordinating skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Teaching and presentation skills
- Influencing and leadership skills
- High level of IT skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Working knowledge of current legislation and good practice relating to dispensary practice
- Working knowledge of JAC system
- Knowledge of pharmacy robotics
- Completion or willing to work towards Leadership and Management: Team Leader Level 3 apprenticeship programme
- Completion of Practice supervisor/educational supervisor program or Equivalent
- GCSE in Maths, English and Science at grade A*-C/ 9-4
Employer detailsEmployer name
- NVQ in Pharmacy Services level 3 with BTEC in Pharmaceutical Science as underpinning knowledge or equivalent
- Registration as a member of the General Pharmaceutical Council maintaining mandatory CPD requirement
- National Accredited Checking Pharmacy technician qualification
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.