Lincolnshire Partnership Foundation Trust is commited to driving innovation in healthcare through the use of data. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Data Engineer to join our Data Warehouse Team to support our development of the Trust's Data Warehouse.
Working closely with the Data Warehouse Developers the successful applicant will be crucial in designing, implementing and optimising Linked Data Sets and Master Data Management. As well as supporting the onboarding of new data feeds from provider sources. The Data Engineer will also be responsible for the collating and submission of mandatory data sets to support local and national reporting
You will also work collaboratively with members of the wider Data Services Team to provide an appropriate platform to support the delivery of the information and intelligence developments required to deliver the Trust's objectives.
Please note: this is a hybrid working role and as such there will be a requirement to travel to locations around the county on an infrequent basis.Main duties of the job
The overall aim of the role is to proactively support the team in maintaining the Trust's data warehouse to underpin the effective use of data, information, knowledge and technology to support and improve outcomes for our patients.
Working with a number of different Stakeholders the role will play a key role in the development of Master Data Management and linked data sets. Writing, testing and deploying T-SQL Queries into the Data Warehouse. Whilst maintaining robust change management procedures, including version control, writing of technical guidance and adoption of best practices.
Additionally, they will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the trust's data warehouse so that the Data Services Team can deliver services to all parts of the Trust. This involves supporting data feeds, databases, platform environment, system security and system planningAbout us
Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust provides mental health services and a number of learning disability, autism and social care services in the county of Lincolnshire. Employing around 2,800 staff, and serving a population of over 766,000, our people lie at the heart of everything we do.
You could be part of a Trust rated by staff as one of the best mental health and learning disability trusts in England, in an area heralded as a fantastic place to live and work. We firmly believe the key to high quality care is a contented workforce. This is reflected in our Care Quality Commission rating of 'outstanding' for well-led and 'good' overall. In the most recent National NHS Staff Survey, our staff rated us as the number one trust nationally for staff morale and one of the top scoring NHS Trusts in the Midlands for being compassionate and inclusive. We're really proud of this!
We are also leading the way in transforming care, with multi-million-pound transformation of patient environments and radical redesign of community services.
This is the time to join and help redesign our services of the future. We offer options for flexible working and provide a wide range of training and promotion opportunities in all professions. We support and celebrate diversity, have active staff networks groups and are always looking at what more we can do to support our staff.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To carry out specific packages of work, with support, involving the design and development of reporting solutions with particular emphasis on T-SQL, and Business Intelligence tools to meet the emerging needs of LPFT.
Using T-SQL, complex stored procedures, views to access data in the data warehouse and in EPR front end.
To contribute to the planning, creation, implementation, maintenance and development of Master Data Management and linked data sets which are sourced from a variety of information systems. Ensuring Technical Specifications and Documentation is created and maintained.
Contributing to the maintenance of any Master Data Management, linked data sets or other data structures to ensure data is stored efficiently and inline with Information Governance Policy.
Track down data related issues to their root cause, recommend fixes and be capable of implementing the required changes.
Design, code, test and implement efficient and robust database schemas, T- SQL Queries, views, stored procedures as part of Business Intelligence infrastructure development.
Maintain an awareness of the latest software tools, keeping up to date with technological sources and innovations.
Adhere to robust change management procedures, including but not limited to version control, writing of technical guidance and adoption of best practices.
Liaise with third party IT service to provide support with back up, restoring, and disaster recovery.
Perform strict quality and validation checks of the data sets that form part of the Business Intelligence solution, working closely with operational leads and Information Analysts and Performance team.
Work in collaboration with the Senior Data Warehouse Developer in the development and maintenance of the BI tools to allow the BI Team to create and share reports quickly and efficiently.
Support the development, processing and storage requirements of NHS minimum data sets (MHSDS, CDS, IAPT MDS) including upgrades to new versions.
Work with end users to develop new solutions and effectively communicate ideas across business and technical groups. Interpret complex technical issues and relay these to non/less technical staff/customers in an easily understandable format.
Serve as first point of escalation on user support issues and technical difficulties relating to Business Intelligence platform.
To enable, promote and support the effective use of data, information, knowledge and technology to support and improve healthcare delivery.
Contributes to up to date technical documentation, specification and user guides in support of the applications.
Prioritise workload, within agreed deadlines for regular data processing, internal and external reporting.
To be proactive in ensuring that good communications exist with customers, colleagues and third parties.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Relevant IT Qualifications or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuous professional development in relevant areas
- Relevant training in report building and business intelligence tools
- Some experience in managing, designing, developing and querying large corporate databases
- Advanced T-SQL knowledge
- Working with a number of different applications such as SSMS, Power BI Desktop & Service
- Interpreting user requirements to develop effective business solutions
- Experience working in Informatics
- Experience of working with complex datasets
- Experience of working within NHS Mental Health Services
- Experience of working with Trust specific EPR (Currently RiO - Mental Health).
- Experience of working in an Azure Environment
- Experience of working with ETL and orchestration tools such as SSIS
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft T-SQL development and working knowledge of data presentation and data warehousing.
- Knowledge of creating and maintaining large scale datasets to ensure efficienct querying and Information Governance compliance
- Ability to analyse, investigate and resolve complex information queries, detail oriented with strong problem solving skills.
- Experience of working with Power BI and the Power BI Service
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel to LPFT bases across the Trust at short notice and nationally for relevant training and user forums
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- High levels of self-motivation and ability to take instruction
- Willingness to be flexible in approach in accordance with organisational need
- Participate in identification and evaluation of opportunities of improvement in the service
- Able to recognise limits of self and identify training and development needs
Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Unit 9, The Point
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.